Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Your thoughts on being overcharged at an lqs (Warning: LONG) >

Your thoughts on being overcharged at an lqs (Warning: LONG)

Your thoughts on being overcharged at an lqs (Warning: LONG)

Old 08-06-2009, 08:35 AM

That is BAD SERVICE, no matter how you look at it. The others here are correct, it is stealing to charge you for extra fabric. It might be different if he charged you full price for all the fabric but ONLY if he told you first. I don't think I would have completed the purchase (of course when it's happening you don't always think about that).
You should difinitely talk to the owner, if that's the way they are doing business I would not do business with them.

Interested in how this works out for you.

Jo
Old 08-06-2009, 08:52 AM

Sounds to me like the young man can't add and didn't like having that brought to his attention. I would definitely bring the error to the attention of the owner/manager. Son or not he is an employee and could damage the reputation of the shop with his attitude.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Ethel A
Originally Posted by Pinkrose4664
I think you did the right thing. Personally I would bring it up to the Owner of the store, or at the very least the Manager. Could HE be pocketing the extra money? I would appreciate a customer letting me know there is a problem with one of employees. They are not there to argue with my customers or give them a hard time.

Personally, I would want to know. IMHO
I would like to say something to the owner, but the person who was helping me today is the owner's son.

Now, what do I do? Should I say something to the owner? This is a really 'sticky' issue.
I would still notify the owner, I sure would want to know how my customers were being treated. If he does that often enough the store will lose customer. :mrgreen:
Old 08-06-2009, 10:04 AM

Ethel, I believe that you were correct. He would have wanted you to let him know if he did not charge you the correct amount. It works both ways. Honest is what it is all about,

Barbara
Old 08-06-2009, 10:48 AM

Heck no, you were totally right. In today's economy $6 can seem like $60 to some folks and he should have been happy you caught the error. Sounds like he's about as good at fractions as I am :wink:
Old 08-06-2009, 12:13 PM

I think that you should take your receipt to the owner and make a complaint very calmly and quietly. And I think you did the right thing to confront the kid when he overcharged you!
Old 08-06-2009, 12:28 PM

Please do let us know, Diana! That would be so great to be able to get good fabric for that price and not have to look all over kingdom for sales!
Old 08-06-2009, 12:56 PM

I believe I read all the responses, so now you get mine.
The young man resented being told he was wrong, and probably expected he was wrong, before being told. (someowne else with a bad taste)
This is what I would have done, and have done when mistakes are made by a younger person.(Try to find a way to help if the problem comes up again, politely.) Thank you for making all the cuts, so now lets see if we can find a way to make all these different sizes of cuts, and prices come together. And believe me I know fractions are difficult (He's thinking that "old woman"!!)
Take a piece of paper and start with one fabric. Sort any that are the same price to work side by side. Do each fabric, until all are written down.
When the operation if finished, tell him Quilters have to figure fractions all the time so after awhile the nasty process becomes second nature. And try to figure out a chart for him for
all fractions he's going to have to figure with fabric. And the chart will help all the clerks, and he can be the HERO. Keep on Quilting---CECELIA
Old 08-06-2009, 04:11 PM

I would go back and explain to the owner what happened. If he is a responsible owner, he''ll want your business and want to make things right. I think it was an error on the clerks part and for some reason there are those people out there that will not admit mistakes and try to turn it on you for pointing out their mistake. I've worked in retail for years and I've made mistakes, and I always thank people who point them out. I apologize for making them and if I am in the position to do so, I make up for the mistake with a discount. I have had people come in irate and leave apologizing to me for their behavior. The opinion they have when they leave will determine if they come back, not that I made a mistake.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:19 PM

I believe that you did the right thing in pointing it out.

Don't you think that the place you were buying this material from would have

pointed out being short changed if you missed counted the money owed.

Of course they would :wink:

Don't give it a second thought. Business is business.

ok I don't always get letters what is lqs? I can be a little slow on the uptake at times.