Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How I Feel About the New Site... >

How I Feel About the New Site...

How I Feel About the New Site...

Old 12-02-2011, 08:50 AM

I think that what it come down to is change, I for one do not like change and am a creature of habit. My first instinct to any sort of change in my routine or my environment is that it bad or I don't like it. But because I recognize this trait in myself I have to step back and ask myself if it is truly bad or is it me not liking the change. In this case I think it s is me not liking change, because or the most part the changes have been for the benefit of the site and us quilters and I for one appreciate the time and effort that was put forth by the moderators and programers. It takes a lot of time, effort and certainly A LOT of frustration to try to make so many people happy. Only to know in the end that you will fail. Because we all know you can NEVER make everyone happy. So I for one am satisfied with how everything has turned out. I am sure there will be some tweaking here and there to try and satisfy everyone, but I think it is a great effort put forth. GREAT JOB FOLKS!
Old 12-02-2011, 02:21 PM

Default How I Feel About the New Site

I agree. On the old site, everything was new every day and you didn't have to wonder if you had previously read something. Scrolling through today, I found lots of posts that were alrerady there yesterday, most of which I had read.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:35 PM

I love change, always have and always will. Does that mean I love the new board? Nope, sure don't. Found the old one easier to see at a glance what I wanted. I have not given up, but I don't like this new format.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:48 PM

Just click on What's New.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:58 PM

I can't say that I love it but I'm slowly getting a little more used to it.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:31 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sharon b View Post
I like to think of all this change , like a pair of favorite shoes. When they are new, you have to break them in , get use to them , then they fit perfect , feel wonderful ,everything is awesome. Then one day the shoes are old and breaking down you know that soon they will have to be replaced UGH ..... so you give in and get the new shoes - now you have to start all over again breaking them in and getting use to them , but just as before soon they will be comfortable and you will be loving them
A fairly good analogy - IF the shoes get comfortable in a short period of time! (like half an hour)

I learned a long time ago - if they (new shoes) are uncomfortable and don't fit properly when I buy them- wearing them is only going to give me blisters and sore feet!

And it doesn't matter if the shoes are expensive or cheap! (I bought two pairs about five years ago that I "thought" were properly fitted - the sales rep convinced me that they were "right" - dumb me!!! - this was from a store that "specialized" in fitting problem feet) I KNEW better - hate it when I don't follow my first response!

As far as I know, the moderators had no voice or choice in the change to the new format. I think they have some input for some modifications, but I think the basic choices were "like it, learn to live with it, or leave it"

I am in the "trying to learn to live with it" category.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:57 PM

I dont like it at all am so sad that they did this I dont look forward to reading it like I did
Old 12-04-2011, 06:52 AM

Well, I tried to post to a thread about the quilting reality show idea but it wouldn't post - kept getting a pop-up saying "Leave page" or "cancel". Hit cancel and try to post --- same thing.....tried several times then gave up. I'm barely posting now as it is...then this happens. I see myself slowly leaving this site which I will truly miss because I've enjoyed this site for so long. I just don't have time to figure all this stuff out. I'm sure by the time I do, it will change again.

So, I will just be a lurker from now on. All this learning is just too time-consuming for me.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by vickig626 View Post
Well, I tried to post to a thread about the quilting reality show idea but it wouldn't post - kept getting a pop-up saying "Leave page" or "cancel".
So, I will just be a lurker from now on. All this learning is just too time-consuming for me.
Ok I think I can help you with that. It took me a while too. Hit leave page and it will post. I have no idea why or who thought it up and why but that's what it does.
I know I am spending more time sewing. Maybe that's a good thing. And yes I too miss the easy back and forth from before but I think part of that is just people learning to use the new board. I do know there are a lot more posts being removed/moved or so it seems to me. Me I didn't use the diary before and won't use the blog now. If I want a blog I would set one up and have my own rules on what I can write about. I hope everything settles down soon and it gets back to being the place I come to have my coffee with friends like before. :-)
Old 12-04-2011, 08:13 AM

I have a Mac and my wording turns magenta after I have read them. They are green before. Barny