November 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

November 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

Old 12-06-2011, 04:38 AM
Banned

Default resizing pictures

For those of you having trouble resizing your pictures,
I HIGHLY recommend downloading, installing and TRYING
this image resizer.

I have been using it for several years (since I had Windows XP).
Its easy to use, just follow the steps on the website.

Good Luck and I hope if you try this it will work for you also.

http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/
Old 12-06-2011, 05:36 AM

I have tried several times to contact my partner for her address. Since she has no responded to any of my messages I will be keeping my doll quilt. I will no longer be participating in this board as I find it much to stressful. I don't need stress in my life.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by scrappylouisa View Post
I have tried several times to contact my partner for her address. Since she has no responded to any of my messages I will be keeping my doll quilt. I will no longer be participating in this board as I find it much to stressful. I don't need stress in my life.
So sorry your partner disappeared. I knew we might lose some swappers with the board change, but I hope the doll quilt swap will always remain stress-free. We're just here to have fun. Perhaps one of the other November swappers are in the same situation and will swap with you.

The January swap already has 60 swappers, so I'm very happy that many of you are still playing.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:47 AM
Swap Hosts

Oh no! You have been such a wonderful participant. I know how frustrating it can be when your partner doesn't respond at all or worse yet doesn't acknowledge what you've sent! I know the changes here have been challenging, but I hope that maybe after a little hiatus you'll be back. You will be missed a LOT.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:47 PM

Scrappy: I'm so sorry you've had a bad experience here on the doll quilt swap!! I'll swap a quilt with you!! Let me know and I'll soon have one on it's way!! I'd really like to do that for you! jillnjo.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:37 PM

I have enjoyed this swap. Was grateful for a little delay in me getting my November out because of injury and funeral. Was well worth it. I hope you stay with us. I know this new site is a bit stressful, but if we all work thru it together, we will have even more fun swapping.

You ladies have any ideas on a good setting block that would make my 13 other blocks made fit together as one unit. I did a swap with a fabric, got beautiful blocks back, but they just do not work together well. Thought if I made a good setting block the same that they would look good instead of using a solid block. Ideas would be helpful.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
For those of you having trouble resizing your pictures,
I HIGHLY recommend downloading, installing and TRYING
this image resizer.

I have been using it for several years (since I had Windows XP).
Its easy to use, just follow the steps on the website.

Good Luck and I hope if you try this it will work for you also.

http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/
Thank you quilty louise. I will keep this in mind. Just in case santa brings me a new camera.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Oh no! You have been such a wonderful participant. I know how frustrating it can be when your partner doesn't respond at all or worse yet doesn't acknowledge what you've sent! I know the changes here have been challenging, but I hope that maybe after a little hiatus you'll be back. You will be missed a LOT.
Thank you Krystyna. You have said it much better than I could. I completely agree.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:42 PM

Doll quilt swappers are the best. What new board?! We found each other again and we're all set to keep on having fun. I love how encouraging everyone is and I know the tips about posting photos will be helpful to many. [Thank you!] Hang in there with us because we would truly miss anyone if you left. If you need help, just ask right here. I can bet our fellow swappers have helpful info to guide you. If not, I'll appeal to the top dogs and we'll get you an answer. Above all, have fun!
Old 12-06-2011, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
Thank you quilty louise. I will keep this in mind. Just in case santa brings me a new camera.
I found a free program on the Web: Easy Thumbnails. It has worked very well for me to make the pics on my computer much smaller and load onto QB quite easily. It downloaded very quickly and makes the 'thumbnails' super fast.