Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
What the heck is going on?????????????????????????????? >

What the heck is going on??????????????????????????????

What the heck is going on??????????????????????????????

Old 12-15-2011, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by annpryor View Post
I have to agree with fayzer I do not enjoy this new board like I did the old one. I couldn't wait each day to get on the old one. This new one some days I just delete it or read one thing it is just not the same.
ditto.......used to love getting up to all the threads and posts.but the joy is no longer there....I sometimes go days without checking in..and I do miss a lot of new friends.........

sigh................
Old 12-15-2011, 04:56 PM

I care. I keep trying to use the board and enjoy it, but I don't go on very often anymore, because I just haven't been able to adjust to some of the changes. It is a nice board, very friendly and kind people, but it just isn't user friendly at all anymore. It is good for the younger members with sharp minds, but I myself am 68 and a bit slower to catch on than before, when I was younger. The old version of the board was what drew me to join up. I saw it and immediately knew I could enjoy it with no problems. Now it is not so good for me. The adds don't bother me one bit. They are necessary to keep blogs, etc. going. However, I feel like I am in a maze at times, trying to find my way around. It used to be so simple to reply to someone with a question and attach a picture, but now I just can't seem to do that anymore. I keep trying.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:03 PM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

Originally Posted by busygranny View Post
Why don't they listen to us??? It is not the same. It's not user friendly and it's not the sam e old site that I loved and now hardly look at it. I would think that no one is happy and they would bring back the old wonderful site that I loved and so many others also did. Guess they don't really care. To bad. I am looking for other interesting sites.
11/06 we had 39 thousand members. now we have over 50 thousand
Old 12-15-2011, 05:24 PM

Sometimes when I come back to the site after being somewhere else it looks like I've been kicked out. Usually all it takes is to "Refresh" the page. I have the same problem with it refreshing even if it's moving from one thread back to the main board. Just hit "Refresh" and move on.

Just remember when you first joined the "old" board you had to get used to how it worked, this is no different.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:47 AM

I too am not happy with the new site. I'm frustrated that the same things are posted for days in the Main section. Boring. However, there is one advantage. Since I don't like this new way, I spend less time here and more time with fabric.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr View Post
ditto.......used to love getting up to all the threads and posts.but the joy is no longer there....I sometimes go days without checking in..and I do miss a lot of new friends.........

sigh................
I totally agree. But I feel that it doesn't matter. We're not being listened-to. :-((
Old 12-21-2011, 02:29 AM
Administrator

" We're not being listened-to. :-(( "

i'm sorry some folks are still unhappy. however, that statement is both unfair and not true.

the developers made dozens of changes based solely on member preferences.

they will never be be able to satisfy 100% of us, but they have definitely beat their brains out trying.