Made myself chuckle!

Old 12-17-2011, 04:24 AM

Default Made myself chuckle!

It was 4:30 am and I decided to clean up my computer. As I was going thru all the "cleaner" software, started thinking, what if I delete something and then can't get it back. This made me remember. While working, I was always on the "cutting edge" of technology. Now i am just on the "EDGE".

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:07 AM

I do wish you lived next door, and could stand behind me when I do that kind of work on our computer, WebRoot does a couple cleaner thingys on a weekly basis, but there are others that require me to participate, and it's scary. The tech support does not always prove helpful, this week I read everything on a page to the tech, who kept insisting there should be one more item--well, should be is one thing, actually there is another.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:01 AM

I learned years ago that each computer has a mind of its own and sometimes does what it wants to no matter what tech support says.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:48 AM

Lap top did a funky "Refuse to boot up." Or open when turned on.
Been like that for weeks. Finally got it to the tech to "figure out" what's wrong
He called me 10 minutes later asking questions. It apparently, turned right on for him.

He snapped on those rubber gloves. " It coughed & said "No really I'm fine."
Have a great day all. ;•)
Old 12-18-2011, 08:41 AM

I have a love / hate relationship with mine. Every time it does something weird I call my son -he speaks real english -tech support people think I know what all those initials stand for-I had one say "Oh your having a BCD= Bad Computer Day ---------WARNING---------Its a form of Kidnapping to handcuff your computer Guru to the desk leg-even if its your kid
Old 12-18-2011, 08:45 AM

I bought a 1T external hard drive, for under 70.00 at Buy.com (now they have 2T ones for under 100 but I can't imagine using that much disk space). It plugs into my usb port and I copy everything I'm saving to that drive so it's on both my computer and the external. I might lose software but I'll never lose my directions and tutorials and any other file that I want.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:59 AM

My son, a computer guy, recently put a different operating system on this thing.
Ever since then, my computer has been silent, but I wanted to wait until a day when he wasn't working to check it.
Lucky him, I checked my self, and today discovered the speaker won't work if it's turned off

I know what an operating system is, so I don't consider myself someone still living in the 80's. I think it's 90's now
Old 12-18-2011, 01:07 PM

I chuckled when you said the speakers won't work if they aren't turned on...my husband will click, click, click without reading and then say my computer isn't working right, will you fix it for me. I always try (most times I succeed) but I will only work on it when he is not in the house because it is usually something silly he has done and I want him to keep thinking I am smart about these things. When he had no sound, it was because he hit the mute button. This man has an MBA and can do amazing things with our money, is a VP of an International Engineering firm, can do just about anything with spread sheet but he always looks for the worst possible reason why the computer isn't working.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:59 PM

Every time I've run across a problem the first question I'm asked is "Have you restarted your computer?" and every time my answer is the same "No, I didn't think of it." Nine times out of ten restarting it has cured whatever problem I was having.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:16 PM

Years back when the company I was working for got individual PC's for each employee.....at one time we had one computer PER FLOOR which was mostly used for word processing. We might of used it a bit to enter budget figures in, but not much.

When I finally got my own computer in my office I was so excited. We had to attend many classes on how to operate it and I felt fairly confident. One day I called our IT dept and had a technician come in to see why I could type stuff out but it wouldn't show on the screen BUT I could print it out.....she worked and worked. After a while she collapsed in laughter until she cried.....I had changed the font color to WHITE, so I was typing WHITE on WHITE and it wouldn't show on screen, BUT could be printed. We laughed so hard that we had folks from other offices coming to see what was so funny...I still laugh at that. BUT I've never pulled that same trick again !