Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is it called ... >

What is it called ...

What is it called ...

Old 12-18-2011, 06:01 AM
Power Poster

my viking dealer charges $40 for regular routine cleaning/service---it varies shop to shop-and dependant on any issues they find---the best way to find out what it will cost is to call the place you plan to take it and ask---they will tell you....it will be different place to place-machine to machine-
we really can not tell you---but i think the range will be somewhere between $25 & $200 depending on where you go and what needs to be done.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by miz mary View Post
when you want to take your machine in and have it cleaned , oiled and serviced ?!? What does this run price wise ?!

I have a babylock quilters choice ... the dealer is local to take it in to have it done ..... has an automatic needle threader that doesnt work right .... anybody have this repaired ?? I am trying to get an idea of cost.....guessing $100
It's probably going to cost $100 to $150. My advice is, after you have it repaired/serviced you take 10% of that amount ($15??) and put that in a jar in your sewing room every month. You don't miss the $10 to $15 too badly every month and next time you need servicing the money is already there.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:02 AM
KLO

About the needle threader .... I have a Bernina 153 QE so I don't know if it works like yours but I had to do some finagling with mine after I used it for a bit. It has a little wire thingy that is what goes through the eye of the needle to thread it. Mine was just slightly off to one side so it would not go through the needle eye but next to it instead. I got my glasses on and a flashlight and watched what it did when I tried to work it. I was able to push/bend the wire thingy over the other way a bit so that it lined up properly again. Worth a try maybe???
Old 12-18-2011, 04:56 PM

When I took my BabyLock Esante in for service it was $99. But mine was only 1 yr old & it was free under the warranty. Funny that you mentioned your needle threader. I did love mine but Thurs. it just fell off! Emailed BabyLock & got a reply Friday but only to say that I have to take it in for repair & of course pay for it. It's only 18 months old! I have a couple of machines that are older than me & they haven't been to the "doctor" as much as this machine! Love my old machines
Old 12-18-2011, 07:09 PM

Hi:
I have a Baby Lock w/auto threader and I'm thinking it only cost me under $20.00. Routine service is about $140.00 on Baby Lock. Are you near Montibello Sewing Center in Portland? Hope this helps
Old 12-18-2011, 07:20 PM

My Babylock needle threader stopped working about 2 months after I purchased the machine. It was still under warranty so the repair was free.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by catmcclure View Post
It's probably going to cost $100 to $150. My advice is, after you have it repaired/serviced you take 10% of that amount ($15??) and put that in a jar in your sewing room every month. You don't miss the $10 to $15 too badly every month and next time you need servicing the money is already there.
I love that idea. We do that for so many other items, why not the sewing machines. Sometimes we have to be creative in how we pay for different things.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:50 PM

My Bernina 950 ( in a K-stand with the motor underneath) recently needed service. The local dealer where I bought it sent out a notice that they no longer carry the motor at their shop and suggested a place to have it repaired. When I called to find out their suggestion for the repair. I was told "we suggest you buy as new machine." I thought perhaps they had not understood my question and ask again. I was again told I should buy a new machine. What Better service could you get!!! Ha ha Needless to say there is a dealer of another brand where I will take all my machines for repair. They also charge a lot less.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:02 PM

I've had Singer, New Home, White, Pfaff, Juki and Janome over the past 60 years. Always cleaned and serviced myself even though grandpa in law was a dealer/service person. It isn't difficult! Also have a Tin Lizzie long arm, same thing, service yourself! You are woman!
Old 12-18-2011, 10:36 PM

I think Maintenance is about $100 around here. I've brought my Pfaffs to the dealer I bought them from. I only have one but have traded up to newer models a few times. I have the latest one about 3 years and haven't had it in for a check up. I should as it's still under its 5 year warranty so there is no charge.

Only problems I have are minor, the warning that the bobbin is almost empty doesn't come on and the automatic threader is off. I make them adjust the auto threader but rarely use it as it always goes out of wack. I'm lucky that I can thread the needle OK. If you're having a problem seeing the hole in the needle try using a metallic needle, the hole is larger.