Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you? >

Do you?

Do you?

Old 12-20-2011, 05:10 AM

I have a sewing room so I never have to put anything away...and it shows!
Old 12-20-2011, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by johanka View Post
I put it away when I need the dinning room table.
Today's the 20th and my dining room table still has my current project on it. Need to finish that project today and then clean up that room tomorrow AND decorate it for Christmas. We will be eating Christmas Eve dinner with our kids and grandkids in there. And then I won't be able to use it till after 12/28 since it's our year to host hubby's brothers and their families.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:32 AM
Power Poster

I don't put it away but I do make sure it is neat and clean. I don't do as much sewing this week but do keep busy doing hand work.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:32 AM

This has been an interesting thread; thanks for sharing!
I'm lucky to have a sewing room. So, I just close the door on my mess, lol.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:33 AM

Sometimes during the hustle-bustle of the holidays, it is refreshing to just escape for a few minutes and sew alone.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:11 AM

Default Quilting is my sport of choice

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
I don't put my things away until a couple of days before Christmas. .... and I'll have it back out working on some quilt project as soon as the guests leave...... Christmas comes once a year...... quilting is my daily fix!!
Ditto Ditto Ditto...I haven't had much time in my studio and I am having withdrawls
Old 12-20-2011, 12:24 PM

I tend to work on one project at a time, and clean up everything when it's done to get a fresh start on the next one.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:43 PM
Power Poster

since i have a dedicated sewing room my *stuff* is always available if i feel like sewing
since hubby is generally pretty good about stuffing my stocking with great new notions/gadgets/goodies chances are sometime Christmas day i will be in my room working on something...out of the 365 days in a year i probably sew 350 of them (sometimes i skip a day on vacation-while traveling) i am pretty much always working on something either a hand project or a machine one...or even a pad of graph paper & box of colored pencils
Old 12-20-2011, 03:36 PM

nope..never put it away for anything. I have a separate room for all my sewing.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:21 PM

I could never put my sewing machine away........I have a spare bedroom that is now my sewing room but I dont let it get out of hand and have to close the door......I usually clean up after a project or atleast make the room presentable.....I clean once a month taking things off the cutting table and where my sewing machine sits...the worst thing for a sewing machine is dust so make sure you dust frequently.....and clean your machine often its amazing how much dust forms from fabric.....I always keep the thought out of sight out of mind.......so I love seeing my machine daily even if its just a practice piece that I work on......Iam always thinking what can I sew next lol......I love sewing and fabrics........Merry Xmas to everyone........Trish