Warm Fellings

Old 12-21-2011, 07:23 AM

Smile Warm Fellings

Just wanted to share this with you.

My daughter and her husband became foster parents about a month ago. They had been through the schooling and training required and were apprehensive about what to expect, but figured they could handle whatever happened because they wanted to "help".

They recieved the phone call about three weeks ago that there were three siblings, two girls ages 12 and 5 and a brother age 6 that needed a home. The father is in jail and the mother has become quite abusive to the children. it was quite an education for my daughter on just how cruel the world can be for some children. The kids immediately warmed up to their new foster parents and told stories of how "mom" would get mad at them and throw cns of food at them and other things. They said they had never celbrated Christmas. no presents, no tree, ne decorations, nothing.

My daughter dropped them off at school this moring and was asked to come to the principal's office. There were the children's teachers waiting for her. They told her how they had noticed a big change in all three of the children from the minute they were placed in their foster home. And then they gave my daughter 6 big bags of presents for the children! My daughter was so impressed with their generosity, she had to call and tell me about it.

I can only say two things, God is good and I am so proud of my daughter and son-in-law for being right where they need to be for these kids!

Merry Christmas to all.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:26 AM
Power Poster

What a beautiful thing!! Brings tears to my eyes. Bless your DD & hubby for providing a loving environment for these kids to flourish!
Old 12-21-2011, 07:41 AM

God Bless them all!
Old 12-21-2011, 09:41 AM

What a heart warming story. Now that's the spirit of Christmas. Bless your daughter and her husband.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by tweezy50 View Post
Just wanted to share this with you.

My daughter and her husband became foster parents about a month ago. They had been through the schooling and training required and were apprehensive about what to expect, but figured they could handle whatever happened because they wanted to "help".

They recieved the phone call about three weeks ago that there were three siblings, two girls ages 12 and 5 and a brother age 6 that needed a home. The father is in jail and the mother has become quite abusive to the children. it was quite an education for my daughter on just how cruel the world can be for some children. The kids immediately warmed up to their new foster parents and told stories of how "mom" would get mad at them and throw cns of food at them and other things. They said they had never celbrated Christmas. no presents, no tree, ne decorations, nothing.

My daughter dropped them off at school this moring and was asked to come to the principal's office. There were the children's teachers waiting for her. They told her how they had noticed a big change in all three of the children from the minute they were placed in their foster home. And then they gave my daughter 6 big bags of presents for the children! My daughter was so impressed with their generosity, she had to call and tell me about it.

I can only say two things, God is good and I am so proud of my daughter and son-in-law for being right where they need to be for these kids!

Merry Christmas to all.
Yes, God is good, and He especially loves little children. So glad they were brought to your DD and DSIL....Merry Christmas to you all!!
Old 12-21-2011, 10:41 AM

God is good and he knew that your dd's home was the right place for those children. Hope they all have a wonderful Christmas. Give them all a hug and kiss from all of us here on the board. I love stories with happy endings.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:37 PM

What a wonderful story. Thank you DD for being there when someone needed them. Merry Christmas.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Power Poster

It is so good of them to open their hearts and their home to children in need. My hope is they get to stay with them long enough to make a difference in their lives.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:53 PM

that is just amazing! and I am so glad the children are doing better! just goes to prove that home life matters very much
Old 12-21-2011, 04:03 PM

Thanks you, this makes my day.