Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Roaming Rounds >

Roaming Rounds

Roaming Rounds

Old 12-22-2011, 03:05 AM

Oh my, again I lost this thread, and I've just been playing catchup. You girls exhaust me.
My Christmas will be spent with all four of our children, and the three grands.
Not at ours this year, we had it last year. Eldest daughters turn this year.
Had xmas dinner with my mum and sisters a couple of weeks ago, and will travel back to NSW to see
dad and step mother Boxing day.Thenback home for New Years.
I currently have Donnas lovely little oriental centre.
Took it to Canberra with me a couple of weeks ago, and picked some lovely fabrics.
Now just need to find enough time to piece it, so it can again be on its way.
Kathleen, was sorry to read about the funeral you needed to help with.
Christmas is never a good time to lose a loved one, or even a close friend.
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season, together with your loved ones.
Keep safe, and will catch up again soo.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:28 AM

Thank you Linda,

Am very tired however thought I would wish you all a very happy Holiday Season, safe safe and be happy.

Have both the centres hanging on my design wall, picked out some fabrics for Jodie's but have not as yet started on it. have only looked at the other one and still no real idea what I will do with that sweet angel. Am contemplating doing something to tie in the hearts but as yet only thoughts and scribbles in my quilting sketch book.

Enjoyed reading the journal which accompanied her and will start on my addition as soon as I get to the little lass.

All the very best for the remainder of 2011 and more good wishes yet for 2012

Kathleen
Old 12-22-2011, 05:54 AM

hello ladies, only a few more days until christmas!! very exciting!!!

i had my 'carpal tunnel' opp' tuesday morning, it was a very sore & very emotional experience.
hand is still very sore, this has to be a sewers worst nightmare!!!

i asked the nurse for help with my bra when i redressing. her reply was;
"i'll be outside the curtain, i want you try and do as much for yourself..." *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***!!!!!!!!!!!*****
needless to say, she ended up helping me with my bra!!!!!!!
i could have bopped her one!!!!!!!

i'm doing ok now... i reduced the bandages on my right hand this morning as directed by the doc. i now have a 'boxers hand' instead of a 'caveman club' lol...

the weather is behaving itself somewhat at the moment. it's just dull and damp. i can cope with that!! no ice!! woohoo!!! how is where you are. everyone??

we're having christmas day at my parents with all our family, also col's dad & brother. col & i plan on sleeping there too.
i have 2.5 hours work on tuesday & thursday doing the 'tea time' shift, (with my home support job) then i'm off until the 11th jan.
i should be able to cope with that ;c) left handed cooking and washing up lol...

i think i told you in the past that my DD2, Rachael sings with our local theatre, well... she's been invited to sing at our church tomorrow night.
my mum is in the church choir, and they would like her to start off (with Phoebe) the first verse of 'away in a manger', then we; the congregation will join in with the rest.
i bought Rachael a beautiful red dress from 'The wedding planner' where we're getting all of the dresses for the wedding, so she will look gorgeous! my mum also bought phoebe an equally gorgeous red dress, they will look beautiful together i can't wait to see they both dressed up! it's going to be lovely!!

have a wonderful time ladies!! catch u all later, love jacquie xxxxxx
Old 12-22-2011, 11:55 AM

I wish all of you a Merry Christmas with your family and UFOs. I have feverishly been working on a Harry Potter paper pieced quilt for my grandangel, Billy. He loves HP and I found this wonderful site (fandominstiches.com) with all kinds of Harry blocks. I had to pick and choose which ones to make and ended up with 36 little 5" paper pieced blocks. I think I actually made about 45 because so many had to be stitch-and-ripped! So all I need to do now is sandwich and quilt by the 30th. Its for his birthday, not Christmas. All 5 of my grandchildren got flannel PJs and a box set of books for Christmas! Yeah...I'm the grandma that gives books! I love a stress free Christmas!

Happy Holidays to all of you and yours!
Old 12-22-2011, 01:18 PM

Stress free Christmas!?!?!?!? Where is the fun in that?!?!?!?!?!? I thought stress was just part of the season. My FOUR grandchildren arrived last night...after a 9 hour ride!!! Needless to say they were full of themselves when they got out of the car. Finally settled them down about 11 pm. I had to be at work this morning at 9 am.

This is me wishing each and everyone of you a very HAPPY HOLIDAY and a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Old 12-22-2011, 03:39 PM

Ouch! Jacqui, carpal tunnel is so painful. You poor lass, hope that this improves sooner rather than later although I have to say I was surprised that nurse should tell you to do what you can for yourself before she would help. Things sure change fast as only a few years ago when I was still working people who had had carpal tunnel procedures had their affected hand/wrist elevated above their heart level and once they went home they were encouraged to rest the hand on pillows frequently in the first fortnight and once they were in bed. Finger exercises were also recommended to help recovery. You could do things as able to but needed to take frequent rests with elevation and you had to reduce the type of activities for about a month to 6 weeks by which time you would be better able to do more vigorous things. Good luck with the recovery and hope it doesn’t interfere too much with your Christmas plans.
Ah the weather, over here in my part of Oz it is cloudy and cool. Saying this the past couple of days it has been quite warm in the late 20’s. They say we are in for a cooler Christmas this year which is great as it won’t be so hot for the usual barbie.
My parents are due here today and will be staying till after Christmas. Brother and his wife are also coming over though not till the day which means we will be 8 this year.
Sounds like the girls will look lovely.
Missgiggelewings I loved the picture of your namesake. Those HP pieces sound very fiddly. Am sure they will be very much loved by the recipent.
Kay. I am with you. Christmas just wouldn’t be the same if we didn’t stress over it at some time or another. I am getting old or something because I used to stress about it much more though the past couple of years I haven’t really done so and it’s been fine.
Keep well all of you
Old 12-25-2011, 11:29 AM

"MERRY CHRISTMAS"

From Georgia
Old 12-25-2011, 01:40 PM

It is now Boxing Day in this/my part of the world. We enjoyed a lovely cool Christmas Day yesterday with the family who were a bit (quite a bit) late for lunch. Even so we all enjoyed spending time together. As usual I went a bit over board with the catering however there was plenty of choice and I would rather people had choices then not. Lots of left overs for us to graze on and no cooking for me in the next few days so even better.

Jacquie your lovely Angel graced the back ground to our Christmas table and just looked divine. It so happened that my design wall is in the lounge of my being built house and I had been going to take her down then decided that as I had very few Christmas Decorations and she was an Angle, she could stay so she did.

Hope you all enjoyed your own celebrations what or where ever they were.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:36 AM

hello ladies!! i hope this finds you all well!
it seems we've had a busy 'ole christmas!!! did we have fun?? lol...

well, the stitches are GONE!! woohooo!!! (carpal tunnel opp' last tuesday, stitches out today! at last!!)
although, i now have 'steri-strips' instead... i pulled my thumb the other day taking off my night-top and felt a 'pull' in the wound. not a painful pull, but enough to feel i had done something but i wasn't sure what... well, the 'top skin' has pulled apart a little, but it's healed underneath.
the surgeon cut along the skin fold line that runs around the base of the thumb. that must have been the 'pull' i felt. never mind, it will heal in time. it's nice to have rid of the stitches and all of the dressings though!
i asked the nurse about the physio that has been mentioned by a few different ladies... the doc's reply is that we don't deem it necessary here (in the uk) as it hasn't proved to be advantageous. so, i just have to take my time in healing, don't over do it, and be SENSIBLE. me, sensible? never!!??!! lol... i will of cause be very sensible where my hand is concerned. as i'd be 'gutted' if i lost the ability to sew!! i am a true believer of 'listening to my body', it will tell me, soon enough if it's not happy in any way! :c)

well i've rambled on enough now!!
thanks for listening to my 'jibber jabbering'!!!
take care all, love jacquie xxxxx
Old 12-31-2011, 03:17 AM

wow, we're all quiet here!!
i'm just calling in on the last day of the year!!
what are you all up to tonight??
dh & i are meeting heather (dd1) after some of her morning clients this lunchtime to take her to her fav' italian restaurant. heather works for the same company as myself and will be working this evening.
we're all spending 'Hogmanay' with rachael (dd2) and phoebe at her place, so phoebe can settle in her own cot.
we're cooking a roast leg of lamb with garlic & rosemary, playing some games and watching 'hootenanny' on the tv until the bells come in.
heather won't be able to join with us this year, hence the meal out at lunchtime between clients. it's shame, poor lass. but that's working in 'care' it's a 24/7 job. i'm just lucky that my clients don't require me tonight! it may not be the case next year though!!
have a wonderful 'hogmanay' everyone, and see you next year!!
love jacquie xxxx