Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Don't you just hate it when this happens?? >

Don't you just hate it when this happens??

Don't you just hate it when this happens??

Old 12-23-2011, 07:26 AM

I think I'd have to fix it. It would bug me if I had to look at my mistake the rest of my life.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:27 AM

took me a while to figure out what was wrong. Sometimes I leave a mistake just to show it is made by a lhuman and not a machine. LOL....Do whatever makes you happy. Re do or leave it. Up to you. No one else would probably even notice it.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by coldquilter View Post
I hate when I do stuff like that and you are right, it would bug me forever if I didn't just change it now.
Me too. Just have a cup of tea, relax and rip the stitches out and then put them back together again the right way. You will be glad you did.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:06 AM

Applique the green piece and applique a floral piece all fixed!
I would take the seams out and rotate it to the correct spot. But that is just me. If you decide to remove the block. go about 2 inches beyond it then resew opposite sides to the quilt. GL. Lovely quilt!
Luann
Old 12-23-2011, 08:44 AM

Be glad that you noticed it now! I had a 3 block section rotated one turn much like this, but did not see it until it was quilted (paid someone else to longarm) and I was sewing on the binding! Nothing to do at that point. If I took out the quilting, took out the 3 block section to rotate and sew back in the correct direction, would not be able to put the overall quilting back in, so I am living with it as my humility quilt. It is on my side of the bed every night because I get cold and need more blankets than my husband. It was such a pretty quilt, too! I used one focus fabric that I purchased and hand dyed the other purple, green, and yellow coordinating fabrics! It was a mystery quilt project that I run for my local quilting guild as well. Boy, do I wish that I have stopped and had a look when the blocks were sewn together as you did!
Old 12-23-2011, 08:45 AM

Just applique a triangle of the print over top!
Old 12-23-2011, 09:56 AM

I would never have caught it!
Old 12-23-2011, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by valleyquiltermo View Post
I do this often enough and so does my sewing friend. We just laugh and reverse stitch it then were happier.
So get to it you'll be happy you did.
I did the same quilt and did the same thing. We're not perfect, so we're allowed to make mistakes.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:54 AM

I have 2 quilts with blocks turned the wrong way...I didn't see the mistake until I was half way through quilting on a LA machine. Oh well much too late to fix them by that time. Take the mistake out now and you'll be much happier with your
quilt.
Sharon W.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:24 AM

I think you should change it and be happy with your work. But here is another solution-I had a wall quilt I slaved over, 100's of pieces, searched high and low for just the right fabrics etc. Almost had it quilted when I noticed a block was turned wrong. So mad at myself did not finish it for 3 years. Then had a wedding come up and the colors were perfect, the design significant to the groom. So I finished it. Put a note on the mistake saying the Amish put a mistake in their quilts to remind themselves no one but God is perfect and remembering that will keep a marriage in good stead. That quilt is proudly displayed in the entrance of their home now and they must boast about the mistake because I have had many mutual friends compliment me on the fabulous meaningful quilt I made. Lemonade!