Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim) >

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Old 12-24-2011, 07:15 AM

Just a quick note to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Really busy today and fighting a cold off at the same time. Everyone take care and enjoy the holiday!
Old 12-24-2011, 07:56 AM

hello all!
I have been back and forth from the hospital, systems are crashing, etc. I'm trying to stabilize.
Since I don't know when I'll be back, I've asked IrishRose and CreateFourPaws to be your leadership. They will continue with the thread and I will peak and comment when I am able.

Beginning January, we will be mailing our FQ at the first of the month to a po box managed by Cindy (createfourpaws). At the end of the month, she will mail the FQs to the winner of the weight loss contest. We have too many folks that are "forgetting" they sign up and the winner sometimes gets less than a dozen fqs, which is really sad when we have over 50 sign up. We tracked most of last year and 25% seems to be the results.

Keep on working on the weight loss. Your health will improve and you will enjoy your life more.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:57 PM

Ladies,
I am here to encourage and help each of us continue on our weight loss journey. I am in awe of MJ (purplemem) for asking myself and Irishrose to continue in her absence. My prayers go out to her during this time she needs.

I will be posting the new thread on the 29th for January. In that post will be the po box address.

Thank you again MJ for asking.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:00 PM

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas / Happy Holiday. I am enjoying my son, DIL, Brother and his wife here with us. It has been an increbile week so far.

My therapy has been going well. I just bent over the other day and felt like I ripped my ribs apart again. I have been taking it easy.

Peace be with you all.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:25 PM

purplemem...will miss you...hope that you can get stable...will continue to pray for you.
susan
Old 12-25-2011, 01:26 PM

merry christmas to all...enjoy the day without guilt.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:27 PM

I shot my first Christmas turkey this morning....

I scared the heck out of the people in the frozen food section of the grocery store!

It was AWESOME!

Hehehehe!!!

Had to share...

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Missy
Old 12-25-2011, 01:51 PM

MJ,

I sure do love you girl and will miss you while you are getting better. I hope that things stable out soon!

Missy
Old 12-25-2011, 04:43 PM
mim

I got this from a friend who knows that I am trying to lose weight -- Funny!!! Mim

1. If you eat a Christmas cookie fresh out of the oven, it has no calories because everyone knows that the first cookie is the test and thus calorie free.

2. If you drink a diet soda after eating your second cookie, it also has no calories because the diet soda cancels out the cookie calories.

3. If a friend comes over while you're making your Christmas cookies and needs to sample, you must sample with your friend. Because your friend's first cookie is calories free, (rule #1) yours is also. It would be rude to let your friend sample alone and, being the friend that you are, that makes your cookie calorie free.

4. Any cookie calories consumed while walking around will fall to your feet and eventually fall off as you move. This is due to gravity and the density of the caloric mass.

5. Any calories consumed during the frosting of the Christmas cookies will be used up because it takes many calories to lick excess frosting from a knife without cutting your tongue.

6. Cookies colored red or green have very few calories. Red ones have three and green ones have five - one calorie for each letter. Make more red ones!

7. Cookies eaten while watching "Miracle on 34th Street " have no calories because they are part of the entertainment package and not part of one's personal fuel.

8 . As always, cookie pieces contain no calories because the process of breaking Causes calories to evaporate.

9. Any cookies consumed from someone else's plate have no calories since the calories rightfully belong to the other person and will cling to their plate.
We all know how calories like to CLING!

10. Any cookies consumed while feeling stressed have no calories because cookies used for medicinal purposes NEVER have calories. It's a rule!

So, go out and enjoy those Christmas Cookies - we only get them this time of year!
Old 12-26-2011, 09:49 AM

On my way to the kitchen to bake some cookies ........