Glad this holiday is over

Old 12-26-2011, 05:14 PM

Oh, Jacquie, what a bummer!
I do love Christmas..always have. But I do put myself in a dither during this time of year. I always say, right after Christmas, that I am going to start working on Christmas presents for next Christmas. Never happens and I am always burning the midnight oil the last week before Christmas. My own fault and I desperately need to change tactics.
Once again I am saying that NOW I am going to start on presents for this coming Christmas and we'll see how well I do!
Old 12-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Power Poster

I'm always glad when Christmas is over but, glad it comes so we can go out and celebrate our anniversary the 30th. This year will be our 50th.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:02 PM

Yes, I am glad it is over. My mom had a stroke on Wednesday evening and my FIL passed away on Christmas eve. I did enjoy time with my family but it wasn't as happy as usual. Things are getting to commercialized.... wish we could all go back to the real reason for the season.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by fairydawn View Post
Yes, I am glad it is over. My mom had a stroke on Wednesday evening and my FIL passed away on Christmas eve.
fairydawn....so sorry for your loss and I hope your mom will be alright!!!
Old 12-26-2011, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by fairydawn View Post
Yes, I am glad it is over. My mom had a stroke on Wednesday evening and my FIL passed away on Christmas eve. I did enjoy time with my family but it wasn't as happy as usual. Things are getting to commercialized.... wish we could all go back to the real reason for the season.
Hugs for all you have gone through this week I also lost my best friend last monday at age 46 to a massive heart attack, I will be so glad to start 2012.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:08 PM
Power Poster

I am glad it is over but I did enjoy it. Fortunately I was able to finnish some gifts and able to find many items at the 99cent store or on clearance. It was a little lean but we had given the kids the heads up. Stocking stuffers became Christmas gifts and it was still a lot of fun. We made an arsenal of tamales and froze many so we are set for a while. Nice to have the freezer full. We are all grateful to live in our home and for DH to have business coming in eventhough it could be better. Too many of my friends lost their home or jobs. Learning to appreciate again what we have.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:09 PM

I am so with you guys finally put the tree up only the lil one on fri night I am german so we celebrate with kids and grands on the x mas eve.thanks god is over.I lost my youngest daugther in december 2006 x mas is not the greatest time for me anymore.Is more deppressingI am back to quilting gets my mind off a lil. Ulla
Old 12-26-2011, 06:10 PM
Power Poster

So sad! Hugs and prayers Donna.

Originally Posted by Up North View Post
Hugs for all you have gone through this week I also lost my best friend last monday at age 46 to a massive heart attack, I will be so glad to start 2012.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:12 PM

Ohhhhhhhhh, I love Christmas, I don't over do it tho. I love to put the tree up and this year I made a wreath for the door..Let me say that I dont' hassel myself with shopping ever. That is not Christmas. Christmas is all about enjoying the season, baking, buying underwear and socks for the hubby and son lol. Son buys us special coffee. We had always agreed not to get involved in the frenzy. I don't even send out cards and haven't for years. I just do what I want not what is expected by the world lol.

I will leave the tree up for two weeks after Christmas as it is so pretty and I enjoy it. I don't have company for the holidays, let them cook their own food lol. I enjoy just hubby and me and then son comes over to eat, I'm good. I am planning a quilt right now and hubby is watching his war stuff lol......

Last edited by Rosyhf; 12-26-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:17 PM

Im right there with all of you. On Dec 7 (my birthday no less) My father started to have a series of small TIA By the 9th he had a full blown stroke. The blood clot form in between the two hemisphere of the brain so it affected both sides of his body. On the 15th he died. I just couldn't bring myself to celebrate the season. This is the first time Christmas that is was work to get through the season. I'm glad that my dad is in a better place but I still miss him. Im hopeful that next year will be better.