Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim) >

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Old 12-27-2011, 05:00 AM

when do we get the link for January?
Old 12-27-2011, 07:26 AM

Taboo Tuesday!!!

This week's taboo is "clean up" food. You know what I mean; those last dry cookies on the plate, the crusty bit of mac & cheese in the fridge, stale bread, bites of this, smears of that... get rid of them!!!!! Better that food goes to waste than to our waist! Come on Ladies, lets clean out our pantries & fridges and not feel guilty about it. Do it a little at a time if you have to but purge those less than steller leftovers!
Old 12-27-2011, 07:39 AM

Pam, thank you for sharing Ethan's story. God has a plan for him, I pray it will be to ease his pain & have full recovery.

MJ, good to hear you are some better. Your spirt is amazing!!!

IrishRose, I did miss you. I'm glad that you are back. I know how the 'other' poster feels but I think it may be more directed on other threads & past times. Like any where else, we get back what we put in so we all need to put in what we can. LOL, and I had already posted no more leftovers before I read your post...of course I said the old dry kind

Our Christmas was very Blessed! I had my son home for a week; that is more time spend with him than in years! He left retail & went back to teaching & now has the holidays off...which makes all of us very happy!!!!
Old 12-27-2011, 09:23 AM

Oh my goodness!!! You guys will never believe what Christmas brought for me!

My amazing girlfriend Cathie proposed to me! We are engaged!!!! Wow. So incredible.

The last nine months with her in my life have been amazing. My days have been love-filled and sweet since last March.

You guys are my first online friends to hear about our engagement. We have not set a date yet. We are wanting to enjoy every moment of our engagement. In our eyes there is no need to rush a wedding. We are spending the rest of our lives together anyway so why rush it? Does that make sense?

I never knew what joy could be until I met her.

Life is good.

I am sure praying and thinking about all of you and wishing y'all the very best of the best for the next year.

LOVE Y'ALL!!

Missy
Old 12-27-2011, 09:25 AM

Oooh. I really like this Taboo! This is the one that gets me. I LOVE to eat the last few bites of things. I will work hard on this one and let yall know how it goes.

Missy
Old 12-27-2011, 10:17 AM

Congratulations, Missy. I wish you and Kathy a long, healthy life together.

Dodie, leftovers are killers. Some things taste better the second day - the Heavenly Hash, for instance. I sent a lot of leftovers with family members, but I ended up with some yummy ones. There is never a small amount of anything in my fridge to dry out. I just eat it all. I baked cookies for me (no gluten) - something I don't do. When I ate a cookie warm from the oven, I felt like I was doing something wrong. It was delicious, but I ate a dozen in two days. Not a good idea, of course. The rest of the dough is in the fridge. I will freeze it in a log shape so I can slice off two at a time to bake. If you have no control, don't bake a dozen!

I gained five pounds after Thanksgiving, lost it and now it's back. They are such friendly litle buggers - just keep showing back up and hanging around.

MJ, you sound wonderful and your pretty smile always makes me feel warm inside. I printed your paragraphs about goal setting to post on my fridge this week. I hope you don't mind. Thank for the reminder not to set aimless or unobtainable goals.

Off to FMQ some more. I lost a few hours yesterday due to a strange spell related to my neurathapy. I was staggering all over and my hands were funny. I had no desire to sew through a finger (again). I'm better now but I still have two squares to quilt, plus the binding and label. I have pictures for you of two table runners - the Spicy Spiral is so cool. I may as well pop them in now and the quilt after it's done. The Spicy Spiral has gone to my GD - the gold fabric matches her b'day apron and the other one was for my sunflower addicted DIL. As usual, the pictures are brighter than the real thing.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier. The grapefruit on the counter is looking good. I will need to put on a plastic glove to eat it. I have two sliced finger pads. Owie!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0258.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	298166   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0259.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	298168  
Old 12-27-2011, 02:00 PM

okay, GOOD leftover are allowed...it's the ones we eat out of guilt~ not to waste food that I say are TABOO
Old 12-27-2011, 02:01 PM

The table toppers are so cool!!! I can't wait to get back into my studio again!
Old 12-27-2011, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet View Post
when do we get the link for January?
I will be posting the January link in the next few days. As a reminder starting in January we are going to be mailing the FQ's at the beginning of the month to a PO Box. The sign up will still be by the 3rd and the mailing to be received by the 10th to be considered completely signed up.

Thanks for asking.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:26 PM
mim

thanks so much -- I like the idea -- I try not to forget and think I have done all of them. -- If I haven't -- PLEASE PM me -- for those I missed -- Mim
Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
I will be posting the January link in the next few days. As a reminder starting in January we are going to be mailing the FQ's at the beginning of the month to a PO Box. The sign up will still be by the 3rd and the mailing to be received by the 10th to be considered completely signed up.

Thanks for asking.