Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What kind of climate is this?? >

What kind of climate is this??

What kind of climate is this??

Old 12-28-2011, 08:26 AM

I'm in Northeast Ohio and my hyacinths are coming up. Too early for that
Old 12-28-2011, 11:41 AM

You could come to California for we don't have the hot humid summers and almost never have snow (about once in 20 years a sprinkling) but in the San Francisco area where I live this is the third driest December on record. I love the weather but am hoping for rain too. I ran the automatic watering system today!
Old 12-28-2011, 12:29 PM

it went down inthe 40s last nigt only inthe high 60 today. coast of Fl. near cocoa beach. Should go into 70s over week end. But it gets cold here an I dont have to deal with ice an snow any more, like it here. joyce j
Old 12-28-2011, 12:37 PM

I live in Southern Ontario, north-west of Toronto and we now have eight inches on snow on the ground and the temperature is -10C which is pretty normal for us. My husband was still plowing last week (in the field not snowplowing) which was not the usual and I have worn my spring coat most of December.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by athomenow View Post
I'm starting to think we live in Seattle with all the rain we've had. It's pouring here again today but no snow or ice so I can deal with it.
We in the greater Seattle area have had a very nice December and hardly any rain--until now! It seems to be going back to the rain part we expect here. At least we haven't had any sign of snow where I'm at yet. To me rain is better than snow!
Old 12-28-2011, 09:47 PM

We had snow a few days before Christmas - and it's been cold for us in El Paso. Seems winter is not following the rules!
Old 12-28-2011, 10:19 PM

You could come to Okla. where you can have a white, cold Christmas, or a nice warm (well, like 65-70) sunny Christmas (and a lot of Christmases with weather inbetween those examples. Or you could go to S. Tex. where Christmas day was a hot 85 in 1964 or have a cold (32 degree), cloudy, drizzly day (1974) which I experienced those two years. I grew up Sw of San Antonio and most Christmases were somewhere in between.

Originally Posted by QKO View Post
Probably any of the above, but then you have to remember that you also have to put up with the summers in those places.

Last edited by nlgh; 12-28-2011 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Summers get hot and dry.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:57 AM

Stay right here in Buffalo. The weather will change and you will be happy. Southern stated are great too but then, remember the high heat and bugs...at least we do not have all that group of critters here. Sooner or later we will get snow and probably by the ton. Have a super great 2012 and all the best to you and all on this board.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:34 AM

According to the weatherman we are not to expect any winter weather till after the middle of January. They then asked the question of how much snow Buffalo NY has had this year. Answer was 3 inches. They should of already had 30. Well in Missouri we have had a trace. they are still waiting for the winner of the first inch guess. I guess we will get some snow, but when is the guess. We did have a strange spring, summer and fall, so we will wait for winter. Enjoy.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:54 AM

It has been warm in Missouri too. I told my husband that it was really nice at Christmas time to have such sunny, balmy weather because then I haven't had to worry and be filled with anxiety as family was driving home for the holidays. Most years we have a blizzard or ice storm. I am very thankful this year!