Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Where is everyone?  Quilting, buying more fabric? >

Where is everyone? Quilting, buying more fabric?

Where is everyone? Quilting, buying more fabric?

Old 12-29-2011, 01:24 PM
BMP

I just this afternoon finished the binding on a DP9 90x103 for my sons BDay the 4TH, I dont think I will attempt that pattern again for something that large.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:48 PM

I'm in a St. Augustine beach house with the whole extended family -- no cooking for the entire week -- let the kids and their spouses cook -- YEAH!

Found a very lovely LQS in town and picked up a few FQs. Terrific shop. Wish I lived here. I probably would get a parttime job there.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:45 PM

Well, I got a Brother HE-240 Embroidery Sewing Machine for Christmas. So I have been trying to re-organize my sewing space in order to accommodate it and everything that goes with it. I have to figure out what kind of storage to buy on my limited budget for all of the things that are in my sewing closet that I cannot get to. So you see what my time is used on.
Hope you all had a Merry Christmas. I hope to get a chance to talk with some folks who have some experience in using this Embroidery machine. I have spent most of the day trying to do 1 item of emboidery. Between needle breaking and thread breaking, I almost regretted getting it. Look forward to some helpful hints.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Power Poster

I have the Brother SE270D - most Brothers are fairly simple once you get the hang of them - What thread are you using ? I will look that machine up and see what other hints I can give you- the one thing I wish someone had told me sooner was user heavier stabilizer than you think LOL I always thought the thinner the better but I was way wrong
Old 12-29-2011, 07:58 PM

Iwas busy busy sewing up untill Friday before Christmas, then baking alll day Saturday!Whew, I needed a rest. Today is first day back on the board after over a week!!!
Old 12-29-2011, 08:07 PM

I am making a challenge quiltfor my quilt guild. I am paper piecing 16 blocks and have eight of them done. I just love paper piecing. It doesn't have to be turned in until August, 2012 but I am having such a good time working on it, I will probably get it finished early. I love to work on the challenge quilts. Everyone have a good 2012 and enjoy your quilting.

Patsy
Old 12-29-2011, 08:19 PM

I'm playing with babies!!
Old 12-30-2011, 05:43 AM

You bet I'm quilting. I got a big paying assignment just before Christmas. I'll pst when its finished. I do take time out to eat, and visit and drink. I think it makes my quilting better HAHA
MaryKatherine
Old 12-30-2011, 05:49 AM
Swap Hosts

My husband is on vacation this week so we've gone on a few little outings together. My son got engaged on Christmas Eve and we gave future DIL a sewing machine for Christmas - I took her to Joann to start building her own stash and happily the red dot section was 50% off and I had a 20% off coupon on top of it. We filled two huge garbage bags with fabric! I am making tons of Christmas aprons to sell at craft fairs and Etsy next year - and getting the fabric out of the way for now.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:18 AM

Last night it seemed to be picking up pace a little with more new posts, but you are right... it seemed slow over the holidays. I was so tired from Christmas entertaining that I camped out here for a bit yesterday. With the New Year coming, it sounds like you all are getting inspired to organize! And folks might be spending time at online sales for the end of the year... they are awfully tempting!