Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim) >

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Old 12-29-2011, 07:19 PM

Default Here is the finished quilt top...

Here is the finished quilt top for my daughter and her wife. It is called Turkish Spice Market. I adore those rich deep fabrics. It is flannel and I will be backing it in tea-dyed flannel. It is very large (100"x100") and so it was very hard to get a picture of the whole quilt so it is the best I could do.

I am taking it to the LAQ to be quilted when I get back into Rapid City, SD. Right now I am still in Nebraska with Cathie and will be for a few more weeks.

There are 800 (yes I said 800!) 2" squares that make up the border. Whoa was that a pain to sew. You have to love strip piecing! I sure do!!

Missy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	spice market 4.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	298745  
Old 12-29-2011, 07:35 PM

Missy that is gorgeous and will be more so when finished. I love the deep colors and the pattern, plus the border is mindblowing. You have done a beautiful job of piecing.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:54 PM

Oh wow. THANK YOU!
Old 12-29-2011, 08:14 PM

OH OH OH!!! How could I forget?!?!?!? I forgot to tell you guys that I am wearing a 3X (22-24) pants and top!!! Holy moly you guys! For those of you that have known me for the last couple years would remember that I started out this journey weighing almost 550 pounds and wearing a 7X+ in clothes. They literally fall to the groud when I put them on now! Yay for that!!!

Cathie bought me a pair of pants and a sweatshirt for Christmas. I peeked at the size when I opened them but smiled because I was so thankful she thought of me but deep inside I knew it would not fit. Well, this morning Cathie asked me to try it on. I hesistantly did and OMG IT FIT!!! Woohoo! That was such a HUGE thing to me.

Anyway, I am so happy and could not have imagined that I would ever wear a 3X again. I have lost dozens of inches and I am about 360-365 pounds now. Such a huge accomplishment for me. I still have long ways to go but I will get there one pound at a time.

*Big huge grin*

Missy
Old 12-29-2011, 09:12 PM

missy-- your quilt is exciting and your size change is mind-blowing!! good for you!! woohoo!! that quilt is so rich looking i feel like i'm gaining weight just looking at it!! eye candy!!
Old 12-30-2011, 05:40 AM

Missy WOW that is an awesome loss. Congratulations you have come a long way.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:02 AM

Smile

I always feel like we're in limbo the last few days of the month. We go to the new site to sign up for the next month, but where do we post anything else? Usually I push hard the last few days to get a good number to record on my calender, but this month I guess I'm on cruise control waiting for January 1st. I am ready to eat healthy. Enough of the goodies. I put the cookie dough in the freezer, made a dessert with the cherries and raspberries and am nearly out of ham. Back to the salad and grapefruit that's calling my name. Meijer's sells a made up salad with fancy lettuce, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, blueberries and pecans. It's an easy way to get a mix of colors in one setting. I have one in the fridge now.

Congrats, Missy, on continuing to lose weight. You've come too far to slide now. Aren't smaller sizes fun?

I am losing weight and getting healthier.

Last edited by irishrose; 12-30-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl View Post
OH OH OH!!! How could I forget?!?!?!? I forgot to tell you guys that I am wearing a 3X (22-24) pants and top!!! Holy moly you guys! For those of you that have known me for the last couple years would remember that I started out this journey weighing almost 550 pounds and wearing a 7X+ in clothes. They literally fall to the groud when I put them on now! Yay for that!!!

Cathie bought me a pair of pants and a sweatshirt for Christmas. I peeked at the size when I opened them but smiled because I was so thankful she thought of me but deep inside I knew it would not fit. Well, this morning Cathie asked me to try it on. I hesistantly did and OMG IT FIT!!! Woohoo! That was such a HUGE thing to me.

Anyway, I am so happy and could not have imagined that I would ever wear a 3X again. I have lost dozens of inches and I am about 360-365 pounds now. Such a huge accomplishment for me. I still have long ways to go but I will get there one pound at a time.

*Big huge grin*

Missy
That is absolutely fantastic!!!!! Keep it up!
Old 12-30-2011, 04:03 PM

well i am down about 5 lbs this month. I am excited to see that I did lose and not gain. I would have been happy just to get thru this month with maintaining.

Missy I love your quilt -- very beautiful.

So what does everyone have planned for their new year's eve??? I will be hanging out at home, trying to get some binding done and a few panel quilts done.

Be safe in what ever your plans are.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:04 PM

Missy! I am SO PROUD of you and I love the quilt. Can you share where you found the pattern? I really, really like it.
Irish, the end of the month is a quandary for me also. I want to finish what I start but I sooo want to look forward to the positive.
Cindy, thanks for taking on this thread with Irish. This is such a big help to me.

I spent this week back in the hospital. My heart is really working hard so they increased my lasix to 120 mg a day. I took off 7 pounds last night. Of course, I am very tired.

Meanmom-what are you working on? I am still working with Grandmother's flower garden blocks in 5 inch hexagons. I am handpiecing and enjoying it immensely.

Lisa-I got a copy of "the Help" as a Christmas gift, it was an awesome "read". Have you read it yet?

Hugs and Happy New Year to everyone!
MJ