Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim) >

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Old 12-30-2011, 08:02 PM

MJ...... you are so welcome, I am glad that we can help you out. Irish and I look forward to continuing this thread, with encouragement and fun. You are in my prayers and I pray for improving health in the new year.

I am waiting on my SIL to finish reading "the Help" so I can read it before we watch the movie. Mom got the movie for Christmas.

Originally Posted by purplemem View Post
Missy! I am SO PROUD of you and I love the quilt. Can you share where you found the pattern? I really, really like it.
Irish, the end of the month is a quandary for me also. I want to finish what I start but I sooo want to look forward to the positive.
Cindy, thanks for taking on this thread with Irish. This is such a big help to me.

I spent this week back in the hospital. My heart is really working hard so they increased my lasix to 120 mg a day. I took off 7 pounds last night. Of course, I am very tired.

Meanmom-what are you working on? I am still working with Grandmother's flower garden blocks in 5 inch hexagons. I am handpiecing and enjoying it immensely.

Lisa-I got a copy of "the Help" as a Christmas gift, it was an awesome "read". Have you read it yet?

Hugs and Happy New Year to everyone!
MJ
Old 12-31-2011, 10:31 AM

MJ so glad to hear you are out of the hospital. I hope your health continues to improve. Cindy good job being down for the month. I weight in this morning and I am only up 2 pounds for the month. I was sure it would be worse. Too many parties and too little exercise this month. The parties and company are over, back to eating healthy and exercise. I feel so much better when I do. I have been feeling lazier and lazier every day. I will go back to my elliptical in the mornings and a much better diet.
I am finishing up an heirloom quilt. It was a class with 12 12 inch squares. I learned lace insertion, puffing, sharks teeth etc. It is all done on batiste. I pulled it out last night and had a lot more to finish than I remembered. Class is Tuesday night to finish it up. I am also working on Hoopsisters goosetracks. It was a BOM class is the middle of the month to finish it up. I am anxious to finish both. I am planning on starting a Dear Jane with the group on here, also am going to do the 50 paper pieced state stars group on here. THat should keep me out of the pantry for a while.
Happy new year to everyone. Have a safe and fun time.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:38 AM
mim

Everyone -- NO laundry or housework tomorrow -- Remember -- the way you spend New Years Day is the way the rest of the year will be LOO !! And be sure to eat some black eye peas. Does anyone esle have NY traditions??[
Mim

QUOTE=createfourpaws;4825267]
So what does everyone have planned for their new year's eve??? I will be hanging out at home, trying to get some binding done and a few panel quilts done.

Be safe in what ever your plans are.[/QUOTE]
Old 12-31-2011, 10:40 AM

Wow, Meanmom, those are some ambitious sounding quilts. Mine are so simple by comparison. I have been at this over a year so I can't use that for an excuse anymore. Will you post pictures, please when they are finished? I'd like to see them and I'm sure I'm not alone.

My weight up five pounds as expected. I'm almost looking forward to getting serious tomorrow.

Congrats to all who lost this month. Who will be the winner????? We'll know Monday. My brown FQ is in the drawer ready to go.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:05 PM

[QUOTE OH OH!!! How could I forget?!?!?!? I forgot to tell you guys that I am ... *Big huge grin* Missy[/QUOTE]

Missy: A *big huge grin* coming to you from Florida for your amazing achievement ... the best reinforcement is to see those sizes change! And you can expect more wonderful things in the New Year - you're doing great. Best wishes for your continued success. You're empowered now!
Old 12-31-2011, 05:46 PM

I bought the pattern from Connecting Threads. I really love it too.

I am glad you are doing better. I worry so much about you. BIG HUGS!!

Missy

Missy! I am SO PROUD of you and I love the quilt. Can you share where you found the pattern? I really, really like it.
Irish, the end of the month is a quandary for me also. I want to finish what I start but I sooo want to look forward to the positive.
Cindy, thanks for taking on this thread with Irish. This is such a big help to me.

I spent this week back in the hospital. My heart is really working hard so they increased my lasix to 120 mg a day. I took off 7 pounds last night. Of course, I am very tired.

Meanmom-what are you working on? I am still working with Grandmother's flower garden blocks in 5 inch hexagons. I am handpiecing and enjoying it immensely.

Lisa-I got a copy of "the Help" as a Christmas gift, it was an awesome "read". Have you read it yet?

Hugs and Happy New Year to everyone!
MJ
Old 12-31-2011, 07:25 PM

Happy New Year My Skinnier Friends!
I pray you will have a healthy and prosperous New Year!

I lost 7 more pounds today! That is 14 in 2 days! I really hope I do as well tomorrow because I felt good enough today to take a ride in the car, to sit in the sunshine, and to walk 15 feet without my walker! Was a wonderful day!

I will be quilting tomorrow because that is what I want to do all year!
Old 12-31-2011, 07:28 PM

OH MJ! I am so happy that you had a good day. Getting out must feel so good with all that you are going through.

I hope your new year is awesome too!

Missy

Happy New Year My Skinnier Friends!
I pray you will have a healthy and prosperous New Year!

I lost 7 more pounds today! That is 14 in 2 days! I really hope I do as well tomorrow because I felt good enough today to take a ride in the car, to sit in the sunshine, and to walk 15 feet without my walker! Was a wonderful day!

I will be quilting tomorrow because that is what I want to do all year!
Old 12-31-2011, 10:55 PM

happy new year everyone! good-bye, 2011! with the exception of olivia, there was little to recommend it. looking to 2012 as a better year, even a wonderful year!! we had brie and crackers, eggnog, and lady gaga on tv in times square. our typical new years! our new year's tradition is to start the year by being very close to each other. after 35 yrs we consider that an accomplishment in itself! agaain, wish you all the very best and skinniest in 2011!
Old 01-01-2012, 12:19 PM

Happy New Year!! We went to a fantastic celebration last night. A huge buffett (but I really tried to eat fresh seafood and very few carbs) and the most amazing fireworks I have ever seen. We are on vacation at the Dominican Republic. I weighed myself before we left on the 30th. Could that be my starting weight for Jan? I won't be back until Jan 9th so maybe I miss the mail in deadline anyway. I'm off to the pool!