Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Two Ingredient Fudge! >

Two Ingredient Fudge!

Two Ingredient Fudge!

Old 12-24-2011, 06:07 AM

I admit to being skeptical...the stuff that seems so easy usually has some disaster tied to the end for me. I thought the chips not melting was my not-so-happy ending! But, it turned out really good.

I guess I just wanted to reassure people that even though it seems like it may not be working, give it a little more heat and a bit more time and it really does work.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:24 AM

Thumbs up

Made this for the family. Found Gluten free frosting and my DIL was able to have some.
I used chocolate chips and chocolate frosting, added chopped up candy cane and it was a hity.
My BIL said it was the best fudge he'd ever had. Thanks for the recipe.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by dixie_fried View Post
When you all are using chocolate chips, are they semi-sweet? I had milk chocolate chips on hand and tried them this morning....those darned things just didn't want to melt!! I ended up microwaving my fudge for over 10 minutes, half of that on regular power to try and get the mixture to smooth out.

It's really good stuff. I just don't think I will use milk chocolate again!!
I just use the Defrost cycle on my micro and I did use semi-sweet.... also used peppermint flavored chips and they were good with vanilla frosting...next time I will add crusted peppermint candies... did top off with crushed candies tho.

Judy in Phx
Old 12-28-2011, 07:13 AM

my first batch went into gift tins and i only got a little bite (who sends away food without a sample??). trying again today with semi-sweet chips and buttercream frosting. maybe some peppermint chips spread on top!
Old 12-31-2011, 11:41 AM

Just wanted to let everybody know that I made this fudge using a 12 oz. bag of Nestle white morsels & 12 oz.'s of peanut butter. I love it, it is so creamy melt in your mouth good. My husband, parents & a neighbor thought that it was so good. I have not tried the choc. morsels & frosting yet, because we are peanut butter freaks. Next will be the chocolate. Anyway THANK YOU to "cmrenno" for posting this recipe. I know what I will be making & giving to my friends & neighbors next Christmas. So easy & delicious.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:20 PM

I need to try this one. Thanks
Old 12-31-2011, 07:31 PM

Made this and wanted to thank you for such a tasty and easy recipe !! Took to my Doctors offices and were they delighted !!! big hugs ! Happy New Year !! Gotta go make some more now !!!!
Old 12-21-2012, 03:43 PM

[QUOTE=grandma nurse;4780996]Just don't use the whipped topping. Ask why I know?[/QUOA

Asking again, why?