Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Roaming Rounds >

Roaming Rounds

Roaming Rounds

Old 12-31-2011, 10:03 PM

Og my, I have been slack at checking in over the last few weeks. It's already New Year here, and this year has certainly started out better than last. Even managed a sleep in this morning, and some sewing this afternoon.
Happy to report Donna's lovely cranes will be flying off tomorrow to continue their journey. They had a lovely time whilst they were here. Visited our nations capital for a few days, met some lovely quilters in Canberra, and their new main border fabric was from Canberra. They then continued their visit in Victoria, and Bocxing day they ventured into NSW. Eden is such a beautiful little town. The lovely rusty red in the border was from a little shop in Merimbula, another lovely little seside town.
Donna
I know you really didn't want red, but I auditioned about 6 ther colors, and they just didn't work. I did however, keep it to a minimum. Hopefully I will be able to attach the image this time.
Here's also hoping that your 2012 is blessed and full of happiness.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Donna's cranes.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	666.7 KB
ID:	299307  
Old 01-01-2012, 09:29 AM

Oh my, how very pretty

Originally Posted by lindyline View Post
Og my, I have been slack at checking in over the last few weeks. It's already New Year here, and this year has certainly started out better than last. Even managed a sleep in this morning, and some sewing this afternoon.
Happy to report Donna's lovely cranes will be flying off tomorrow to continue their journey. They had a lovely time whilst they were here. Visited our nations capital for a few days, met some lovely quilters in Canberra, and their new main border fabric was from Canberra. They then continued their visit in Victoria, and Bocxing day they ventured into NSW. Eden is such a beautiful little town. The lovely rusty red in the border was from a little shop in Merimbula, another lovely little seside town.
Donna
I know you really didn't want red, but I auditioned about 6 ther colors, and they just didn't work. I did however, keep it to a minimum. Hopefully I will be able to attach the image this time.
Here's also hoping that your 2012 is blessed and full of happiness.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:47 AM

how lovely, i actually like the red in it... they say you always need a 'bling' colour to 'lift' the top and stop it being too drab...
very nice...

hi patti! lovely to see you here!!
Old 01-01-2012, 11:36 AM

Linda I think it looks great. The red is small enough not to be so noticable but enough to add a little pop.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:12 AM

Linda...How pretty my center is! The red has added just the right touch. I really do like a touch of red here and there...I just did nor want it to dominate! You have used it just right! And thank you for showing my cranes such a good time in your neck of the woods! And also thank you for letting me know where the fabric came from. The next international round robin I join I am planning on sending along a small journal with the center.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:44 AM

Really enjoyed looking at the pictures...so much coordination going on...WOW...love the blue fabric between the quilt and the orange..very complicated border...love the soldier...love the oriental...may have to join one of these some day...great going guys
Old 01-02-2012, 08:01 AM

I just happened on this link in the picture section today. What fun you're having! How long before the center has gone completely around? Will you be doing another anytime soon?
Old 01-02-2012, 02:29 PM

Thankyou Jacqie for such warm wishes to have a wonderful "Hogmanay" I am sure the wishes are returned 100 fold.
Hope you enjoyed your lunch and dinner.

We had roast lamb for Christmas which DH cooked on the Webber BBQ, I put little slits in the leg and pushed in cloves of garlic and DH basted the roast with a honey and mustard marinade. We also laid a sprig of rosemary over the leg as it was cooking. I am unable to eat much meat these days although the family all told DH the lamb was delicious. It certainly smelt great to me although I did tell DH that I wasn't going to praise him too highly or he wouldn't be able to fit his head through the door it'd swell so much! He thoroughly enjoyed it all.

The new year has started well for us over here in Australia (well on the West coast anyway). Harvest have been very good mostly as well after a very wet winter last year.

Have been keeping busy with various projects which after filling out my new diary for the year, looks set to become even busier as the months go by.

I agree with you Jacquie it is very quiet in here. Wonder if this means everyone is getting over all the activities of the past couple of weeks or if they are working feverishly on their centres with the post out date looking so much closer now we are actually in January?

Either way, happy sewing Ladies, blessings

Kathleen
Old 01-03-2012, 03:10 AM

Linda you have made a fabulous job of Donna's centre and those cranes look like they are both floating and flying.

The tiny bit of red also does wonders for the whole effect of the top.

What a lot of travelling has been going on over your neck of the woods, wish I could say I was doing the same however this is not the case with the furtherest I have been going is from home down to Albany. Maybe later in the month I will actually get to go up to the "big smoke" and I do plan a trip over to Sydney sometime this year.

Kathleen
Old 01-03-2012, 05:53 AM

I agree..it is kinda of quiet around here, but we are winding down after all the holiday hustle and bustle. Today is my 65th birthday and it is the last of our family celebrations until my daughter's birthday in feb. And we are all celebrated out and need the rest. Which, to me, means back to quilting! Happy New Year everybody!

PS: I still don't have a center to work on..boo hoo!