Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you working on?? >

What are you working on??

What are you working on??

Old 01-02-2012, 08:14 AM

a Dnp that I cut and pieced last year, just having a block mentally as the best way to quilt it by the block. I have 64 blocks made, but cannot decide how to arrange them with the backing to quilt as you go. The blocks are 12 1/2 and an even division would be 4 x 4, problem is that it doesnt work out so well with the amount of backing fabric I have available. So I am stalled, but working on it!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:20 AM

Trying to convince myself to quilt my first quilt (by machine-scared to death I'll get a lot of puckkering on the back side, have the walking foot and have pin basted it, I just seem to low on nerve fuel ) am also planning my second one, it is called Ribbons from and older book for beginners my gdaughter fournd in a good will store. The first is my own design, and appliqued for my five year old ggrandson I think I will call it "busy quilt for a busy boy" that seems like a long name for most that I have seen but it fits the design and the boy.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:53 AM

Not quilty, but I'm making retro aprons for my daughter. She says she feels naked in the kitchen without one. lol
Old 01-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Banned

Too many projects at once
1. a belated wedding quilt - Arkansas Crossroads to be a large queen
2. handpiecing Jo Morton's Harvest Snowball in repro fabrics
3. Cutting for an antique English cot quilt that I'll make a double
4. Laying out many blocks of Burgoyne Surrounded to see how many more I need for a large queen/king
5. Machine piecing a double for the young man who does my yard work - can't remember what it's called but it's 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" rectangles and 2 1/2" squares in browns, oranges and greens
Old 01-02-2012, 09:11 AM

Talking

still finishing off my sisters hand applique and now hand quilting king size am about half way!! Need to get it finished before end of Feb as I am then away in Australia for a month visiting my youngest daughter and my sisters birthday is early April - I will get it done, I will
Old 01-02-2012, 09:16 AM

I finished cutting all of my Dunkards Path blocks..and laid them out. I am very pleased on how it looks so far. Well time to set up my sewing machine and get going...Love three day weekends!
Old 01-02-2012, 09:36 AM

I'm still working on the 10 minute block quilt. I just can't seem to do anything right with it. I had a bag of full size batting (new bag never opened), decided to use it, but the batting is 6 inches too short. It seems if there is any chance of anything going wrong with this quilt it will. I can't seem to stay focused on it, I'm not satisfied with the colors, so not real happy with the top. Since I don't care for the top I'm using a piece of vintage fabric for the back with the same colors. I'll be so happy once it is done. I think this is one I'll donate, someone will like it.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:17 AM

After the rush to get Christmas gifts completed, I also have decided to start for Christmas next year. I have several
Christmas fabrics and as they are now on sale, at many stores, I will try to pick up a few more. I have been looking at several touts, at Missouri Star Quilting and love some of their table runner ideas, especially the two new ones, for
Christmas. My favorite gift project this Christmas, was a "Girl With Attitude" quilt with Mary Englebrite fabrics. My oldest
grandaughter (19) loved it. I have two more of the fabric panels and will probably make them up for the next two
grandaughters. All three are in college.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:47 AM

Hmmmm, let's see.... I'm in the process of quilting a Civil War quilt that was pieced several years ago, an animal print zigzag for stepson and dil, a black and bright, some Christmas Tree fold napkins for this fall's bazaar, and numerous others. I always have 10 or 12 projects going at once. Most of them are just packed up in large Aldi bags and when I go to my week long quilting retreat each month I just grab a bag or two and go.

Last edited by raptureready; 01-02-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:58 AM

Still working on getting over Shingles so I can be comfortable enough to sew!!