Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Year Mystery Quilt >

New Year Mystery Quilt

New Year Mystery Quilt

Old 01-02-2012, 05:59 AM

Love It that was so much fun!! This was my first time of doing a mystery quilt think i'm hooked.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:45 AM
Power Poster

Pamsue- Love your colors also

I just love that we all used the same pattern , but they look so different because of the fabrics
Old 01-02-2012, 08:33 AM

Ok, y'all. I'm still on step 3. Told ya I was slow! LOL
I took a nap yesterday & did some other things.
I love all of the quilts that y'all did with the same pattern.
The scrappy one is great - I love scrappy.
And the batiks - oh, man! They are so wonderful.
If anyone just can't stand to keep the one they made here, I will definitely give you my address & you can send them my way.
I will post pics when I get further along.
This was fun.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Fabriclovr

Ok, the Rose Parade is over, I have had my last date with Jack on this quilt and it is time to get it together!

Hope everyone had a great time making their quilts and all of the links and FB tips and comments were helpful to everyone, I enjoyed posting them here for everyone!

Happy New Year Everyone!

Old 01-02-2012, 10:43 AM

Ok, as usual, life here on the farm got in the way and I couldn't even get my fabrics together. DH and I had to spend all weekend replacing a fence line to keep the horses where they belonged, before the freezing ground sets in this week. I have just now printed out the directions and will start gathering my strips that have been cut for a year, for just such a project. I love all your quilts and am trying to decide between a scrappy or a batik jelly roll that I have. I'm glad to see others are behind also.........I'm just probably going to be the last to finisih. Jinnie
Old 01-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Power Poster

Sewze- it is not a race Just go slow and steady !

I just got done with my date with Jack- now to get to work finishing it, so have to add 2 more rows, then onto the borders Maybe I will get it done today .... maybe

Thank You everyone that was here , posting and having fun with us , giving advice and encouraging us - We will have to keep out eyes open for another one

I know both my Mom and Sis had a blast doing it
Old 01-02-2012, 11:37 AM

it was a blast. i will post pics of my quilt top later. phew glad im done.

Originally Posted by sharon b View Post
Sewze- it is not a race Just go slow and steady !

I just got done with my date with Jack- now to get to work finishing it, so have to add 2 more rows, then onto the borders Maybe I will get it done today .... maybe

Thank You everyone that was here , posting and having fun with us , giving advice and encouraging us - We will have to keep out eyes open for another one

I know both my Mom and Sis had a blast doing it
Old 01-02-2012, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Sewze View Post
Ok, as usual, life here on the farm got in the way and I couldn't even get my fabrics together. DH and I had to spend all weekend replacing a fence line to keep the horses where they belonged, before the freezing ground sets in this week. I have just now printed out the directions and will start gathering my strips that have been cut for a year, for just such a project. I love all your quilts and am trying to decide between a scrappy or a batik jelly roll that I have. I'm glad to see others are behind also.........I'm just probably going to be the last to finisih. Jinnie
Same here Jinnie. When you have farm chores, they do take priority. Maybe we will have a race for last. I also did not even get my fabrics pulled. And after looking at some of the completed tops I may change the light color somewhat or more.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:54 PM

Should've skipped the hockey game last night; we lost in a big way.

Today I finished the top:

I really enjoyed this pattern and getting back into quilting after a long slump. I'm ready to work on another project now, though I also hope to quilt this one soon rather than let it join the limbo of my Cabinet of Unquilted Tops. Were I to change anything, I might've used an ivory instead of a stark white-on-white for my light, something a little darker for my medium, and maybe something different for the small cornerstones...but I had to compromise due a tiny bit of un-clearness in the directions. No biggie; it still turned out great.

I've loved all the pictures posted here; thank you, everyone, for sharing--all of your quilts are amazing! I hope to see more as others finish.

--Q
Old 01-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Fabriclovr

Originally Posted by Quossum View Post
S
.but I had to compromise due a tiny bit of un-clearness in the directions. No biggie; it still turned out great.
--Q
Hi Q, I found the same thing with the directions, especially with the last part... fell back on my own knowledge of setting in corner stones and it worked just fine as it looked like yours did as well. Funny we chose the same colors for the main fabric and 1st border LOL.. Great Minds!