Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The Farmer's Wife Quilt Along Photo Page for Blocks 1 & 2 >

The Farmer's Wife Quilt Along Photo Page for Blocks 1 & 2

The Farmer's Wife Quilt Along Photo Page for Blocks 1 & 2

Old 11-14-2011, 08:19 AM

Nicky and QuiltE: If you want a quick link to all the FWS threads you can go to my blog. I put all the discussion and photo threads on "My Pages" on the old version of QB so they're all now listed on my "blog"! Just a thought if you want to go the easy way. Glad to see newcomers and see your lovely blocks. I love the eye candy!
Old 11-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Power Poster

Thanks OK .... I hadn't tripped around here enough to find the User Defined list yet. Stay tuned as once I get some lunch I'm going to start posting pics ... at least that's the plan!! Once done, then I'll post on the general thread after #111
Old 11-14-2011, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Evie View Post
Nicky and QuiltE: If you want a quick link to all the FWS threads you can go to my blog. I put all the discussion and photo threads on "My Pages" on the old version of QB so they're all now listed on my "blog"! Just a thought if you want to go the easy way. Glad to see newcomers and see your lovely blocks. I love the eye candy!
Thank you Evie, I will definitely take a look!
Old 11-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Evie View Post
Bless you for doing this!!!!!! Stay tuned ..... as I'm now starting to download from my camera, then will upload to via your threads!
Old 11-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Power Poster

Evie, thanks so much for putting this on your blog. You will have a couple of frequent visitors to this!!!! I tired to post a comment on it, but it wouldn't let me type anything.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:07 PM

I'm a little late joining this website, but here are mine-- I am hand cutting and piecing so I'm going at snail pace! lol!
Apparently I didn't do attic window for some reason-- I think I was doing these out of order... oh well. Will scan it when I do it!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]300230[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	autumntints.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	300230  
Old 01-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Power Poster

Oh great! A new poster to the group; welcome aboard. So you are going to do this the "original" way. So far so good, you've got this one down for sure. Will be anxious to see the rest and as slow as I'm going you will probably pass me!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:46 PM

Hurray for you! You're on a wonderful journey. I like your first block, the colors are gorgeous. The fabric in the large squares is so distinctive and pretty.

Do you have a color palette worked out or are you doing scrappy....?

I can't believe you're doing this with hand cutting, you brave person!

I'm one of the people from the original group, I just took longer to finish. I teach school and while school is in session I don't get much done. I've been working on it steadily and now have 16 blocks left to go. I'm on hiatus from FW for a while. I just needed to do a quilt with large fabric cut into squares, etc.

I will look forward to seeing your blocks as you post them!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:49 PM

PS! I have a list of all the links for the photo pages for FW. If you would like them, I could email it to you.

We just switched to this new board format. I had to go in and bookmark all my FW's again, so I would get messages. You can use the list to get to each set of blocks pictures and then bookmark them. There are others, like oksewglad (above) and QuiltE who are working on the quilt now. You would be notified each time anyone added to all of the different blocks.

Just PM me if you want the list!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Power Poster

Welcome Puppy Paws!!!
And with that as your debut block, I can hardly wait to see more as you have them ready for us!!
I like the colours, and as OKSGlad asked, I'm curious as to what your colour scheme plans are?

QNonnie has made a good suggestion, to go and subscribe to all the blocks/threads. Another place to get the links is via the blog by another FWS'er, named Evie. (see the first page at the top of this page)

So glad to have you join us Puppy!

Last edited by QuiltE; 01-03-2012 at 09:02 PM.