Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I Feel sooo bad... >

I Feel sooo bad...

I Feel sooo bad...

Old 01-06-2012, 01:52 PM

I don't have grandchildren yet - and never had any cousins, but it MUST be hard to share grandchildren. But you sound like a fabulous person to realize a shortcoming and deal with it. I imagine something like that could get out of hand real quickly if you were one of those people to carry a grudge. Your grand kids are very lucky!
Old 01-06-2012, 02:23 PM

If you see someone examining a quilted project, maybe they are just looking for new ideas, on how this was done. I am guilty of that, quilts interest me, so I look at them. Like picking up a magazine and thumbing thru it, not to be criticized for doing that, just interested, that's all.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:08 PM

Being a Grandma myself, I completely understand! At least you were a lady and kept your opinions to yourself which says alot about your character.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:35 PM

What's important is not what you thought, it's how you behaved. And you behaved PERFECTLY. Do not beat yourself up. What a awesome grandma you are for realizing what's the most important thing - that the kids have lots of love in their lives! I happen to think you are a great role model!
Old 01-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Yooper32 View Post
Well, bless your heart. You came, you saw, you felt, you relented and nobody knew the difference but you. I think you grew two feet in that journey and nobody could ask for more.
wow, I am so impressed with your self evalutation and enlightenment, and I loved this response!
I look at it like this...
quilters feel things deeply. You recognized your feelings as being on a side of the tracks you didn't like and you have done something about it. Good for you! Proud of ya!
Old 01-06-2012, 04:55 PM

Don't be so hard on yourself, I think just about anybody on here would have done the same thing, I know I would have. Jealousy is a powerful thing. I wouldn't want to feel outdone by my grandchilds other grandma. And I want my grandchild to have all the Love and care from me and her. I like her, and we get along well........but......I think I would have been all over it too, and I am no expert quilter, wonky and seam ripper are my middle name. I think in the end I would have come to the same conclusion that you have, so don't beat yourself up......just let it go.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:08 PM

I never had any competition with that.. My oldest son's mother-in-law had more money than me but did no sewing or crafts. My daughter's mother-in-law the same, and my youngest son's son's mother-in-law wasn't interested in sewing so I had the " whole "show" to my myself". However all thse ladies were wonderful people.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:13 PM

I think we have all be a little jealous of "the other grandma" at times. I am so glad and proud of the way you tucked your feelings in your boots and walked out of there a bigger person. Kudos to you.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:40 PM

you are still a good gramma-they will love any quilt you make them.My grand kids collect quilts now,lol.they get one every year or so-they even pick the fabric,etc now.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:02 PM

Been there, done that. Not with quilting, but with other stuff.

You handled the situation very well. Your grandkids are very fortunate to have a grandma-to-be who welcomes them into the family, and now you are welcoming the 'grandma-to-be' into your family, too.