Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Just got a tip. >

Just got a tip.

Just got a tip.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:39 PM

The Walmart closest to me closed their fabric center and just carries FQs and charm packs, occasionally a few 2 yrd packs, but not impressed.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:08 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

my closest WM has fabric but its nothing to write home about.. its pretty thin and flimsy.. or scratchy and hard.. I have yet to see good fabric come back. Its sooo disappointing, before they took it away and brought it back they did have some decent fabric..
Old 01-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Power Poster

We have 2 Walmarts nearby, and both have lots of fabric. We have been fortunate.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Power Poster

Our Walmart's fabric isn't that reasonable. A few years back I bought a bolt of white with yellow specs for $2.00 a yard and it was such nice fabric. Used it for three quilt tops and got a lot of compliments for the background fabric.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:00 AM

They had a similar sale at Walmart - Randleman,NC - last year around the end of January, it was great fabric- VIP, book panels, co-ordinates and of course some of those that I would not use for a dog bed. I would say that about 75% was good quilting fabric. It may be worth your while to keep on the alert!
Old 01-07-2012, 05:46 AM

Default Fabric department back!

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker View Post
Our Walmart doesn't handle fabric anymore. However I did see that they had brought some back to the Walmart in a town nearby. I'll keep my eye open. (Like I need anymore)
Our Wal-Mart stopped handling fabric about a year ago, then our only quilt store closed! So the next step.....all the sewers in the area contacted their headquarters and now we have our fabric department back! We do have other fabric stores in a 25 mile radius, but for some of the older sewer who do not want to travel that far......Wal-Mart is at least there!
Old 01-07-2012, 06:07 AM

1-800-walmart let's let them know we want fabric, if our local store does not have it, or if it does, make it a good quality cotton!!!!! can't hurt......after all we are their customers and without us, they are GONE!!!!!
Old 01-07-2012, 06:38 AM

The Wal-marts that will be getting fabric back will not get them until the store does their remodel. Find out when they will be doing that and if the fabric will be replaced.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:22 AM

Our Walmart carried fabric to start with ,than discontinued it. I have recently heard that they are bringing it back. Some of their fabric is quite nice.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:36 AM

Our local Walmart brought back fabric about 6 mo. ago. I was thrilled when I heard it was coming back but so far a disappointment. Area is less than half the size of old dept. and fabric quality & selection poor. Only a very few bolts of the good quality of the former dept. They even use one bank of shelves in the dept. for cheap clearence items that have no relation to crafts or sewing. Even the cutting table is half the size or less, so difficult for the clerks to measure & cut & they are given the cheapest scissors for cutting. I bought 3 pieces for pillowcases the other day, felt so sorry for clerk, I could tell it was painful on her hands. I suggested she put in a request for better scissors before she had hand damage, I don't know if emplyees can do that though.