[ATTACH=CONFIG]302614[/ATTACH]
    here in mine
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	snow flake.JPG
Views:	1559
Size:	293.8 KB
ID:	302614  
    Old 01-12-2012, 06:28 PM

Great blocks! They just seem to keep on coming. Love It!
    Old 01-12-2012, 06:30 PM

I made my block a couple days ago (actually posted it on the discussion thread by mistake) & my battery in the camera was all but out, so the colors turned out pinks...changed the batteries today & here's the correct picture. I love all the different blocks I've seen. I haven't done any paperpiecing in over 10 years, so it took awhile to get back into the groove. One thing others may find a help...I use a postcard on the folding line, fold it back, use my add a 1/4" ruler, trim. Do this for all before adding the next piece. Really helps with that postcard...makes sure your fold line is straight & has a lip to brace the ruler on for your trimming. I am not a big paperpiecing fan, but don't mind doing them occassionally. Let's see what Feb. brings..........
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Quiltingboard BOM--2012--Jan.--paperpieced.JPG
Views:	1655
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	302645  
    Old 01-12-2012, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by VickiM
    I made my block a couple days ago (actually posted it on the discussion thread by mistake) & my battery in the camera was all but out, so the colors turned out pinks...changed the batteries today & here's the correct picture. I love all the different blocks I've seen. I haven't done any paperpiecing in over 10 years, so it took awhile to get back into the groove. One thing others may find a help...I use a postcard on the folding line, fold it back, use my add a 1/4" ruler, trim. Do this for all before adding the next piece. Really helps with that postcard...makes sure your fold line is straight & has a lip to brace the ruler on for your trimming. I am not a big paperpiecing fan, but don't mind doing them occassionally. Let's see what Feb. brings..........
    That is exactly what I do too Vicki.....and I am not a big fan of paper piecing either!
    Old 01-12-2012, 09:40 PM

All the blocks are great! Those blues some of you used have turned to be stunning blocks! I love the embroidered Jan 2012...great idea!

Can hardly wait for February!

Hugs,
    Cajun
    Old 01-12-2012, 11:38 PM

Now me - I love paper piecing.
    Old 01-13-2012, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Vanogay
    WOW! Looked at all the wonderful snowblossoms and they are all great. I was late getting mine finished - started on the 2nd of the month, but as things usually go, got stopped for something else. For those of you new to paper piecing, hang in there. It does get easier as you try each pattern. I have taken classes from Carol Doak (the paper piecer extraordinere) where I got excellent ideas and I still get confused and use Jack (the Ripper). Oh, well, here 'tis January finished --
    I just LOVE your Snow Blossom block & the color combination that you chose to put together!! Your yellow fabric really pops, with your two shades of blue. What a great idea & look your block makes. Very well done. Welcome to the BOM for 2012.
    Old 01-13-2012, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Nana2Sew
    I finished my Jan. block......what a fun block! I have enjoyed seeing all the different blocks........great work!
    Another Beauty!! Your Christmas ornament fabric is really pretty & looks so nice in your Snow Blossom block. I love what you did with the date embroidered toward the bottom. Hmm.......you have given me an idea, too!! Thank you for sharing your lovely creation with all of us.
    Old 01-13-2012, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Leba
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]302614[/ATTACH]
    here in mine
    OMGoodness!! What a pretty Snow Blossom block you have created. The blues all go together very nicely & I love the stars printed on your fabric's. Very nice. You will have a gorgeous quilt by the end of the year. Thank you for sharing with all of us here on the quilting board. Keep up the good work.
    Old 01-13-2012, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by VickiM
    VickiM..........Thank you for posting your beautiful Snow Blossom block on this picture thread. By doing that, everyone will get a chance to see it for sure. It is a very beautiful block & I am so glad that you have joined in on the fun for this year.