Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
100 days of modern quilting >

100 days of modern quilting

100 days of modern quilting

Old 01-13-2012, 01:39 PM

Default Modern Quilting

I'm from Northeast Illinois and a small group of ladies are starting a Modern Quilt Guild. We are so excited to work with bright and different fabrics! This type of quilting is fairly traditional, but has a new modern twist . Seeing the "100 days of modern quilting" posted made me wonder how many members are interested or consider themselves to be a modern quilter! Also seeing someone post the baby bedding they made as a gift was great and very beautiful!
Old 01-13-2012, 01:45 PM
Power Poster

Looks interesting. Thanks for the link!
Old 01-13-2012, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by korners View Post
I'm from Northeast Illinois and a small group of ladies are starting a Modern Quilt Guild. We are so excited to work with bright and different fabrics! This type of quilting is fairly traditional, but has a new modern twist . Seeing the "100 days of modern quilting" posted made me wonder how many members are interested or consider themselves to be a modern quilter! Also seeing someone post the baby bedding they made as a gift was great and very beautiful!
YAY for MQG's!! There is not a Modern Quilt Guild in Louisville. I'm not even sure there is an interest (besides myself), as the LQS ladies look at me like I'm a martian because of some of the fabrics I trend towards. I don't know a single person who quilts. Maybe it's time I used social media to meet some?

I'm in the last bit of planning for a modern quilt to enter photos of, hoping to be part of a show.