Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem >

Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

Old 01-18-2012, 06:11 PM

Oh Mary! I think I remember you! I am glad you are back on the challenge.

Missy
Old 01-19-2012, 12:10 AM

wow i'm so happy for you Missy. Cindy sure can see that you have done very well also. i am still plugging along trying to eat less and move more.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:08 AM

outstanding work, missy!! you look great!

on the disability front-- i had an appointment with a psychologist today to see if depression was keeping me from working. when i finally found her office (after climbing a slippery slope covered in pine needles, of course, there's a story there), i was faced with a flight of steep stairs going up. are you kidding me? this is for a disability assessment?!? by the time i was at the top i was winded, furious and in pain, and i had no problem letting the dr know my displeasure. i even threw my keys(not wise, since i can't pick them up myself) and then i cried. i don't know, do you think i could be depressed? there are days i just want to give up and call the game on account of rain. i am so tired of this particular nightmare, can i wake up now? on the bright side--isn't there always one?-- not sleeping has given me the opportunity to almost finish the valentine tablerunner i am working on for a swap and that needs to be sent out on friday. my sweet dh, who tries to keep me on an even keel, bought me a machine to finish it since my trusty rusty kenmore, kenneth, bit the dust. i know it's all the vogue to name our machines after women, but i'm the only girl he's ever known, and quite honestly, he's built like a tank, and sounds like one, too. anyway, i know i'm all over the place with this post, but my mind is over tired and under fed. dinner was a whopper and oreos (ok, no caramel egg cremes!) as dh was cooking, and i just didn't have the stamina to protest. today is a new day! i am doing better! i am eating smarter and making healthy choices! good luck at the dr, mj! have a good day at work, cindy! watch your points, jeanne! sorry for your loss, judy, drive carefully! easy on the whites, beachbound! you can do it! you are all amazing! welcome and welcome, back! i will take the time to get to know you all very soon!
Old 01-19-2012, 05:37 AM

Good morning every body.

Missy you're doing a great job. We'll be praying for the 40's.

It's now Thurs and it's been two days on this Taboo and I think it's harder when we pick our own than when someone picks them for us. But that being said I've stuck to my Taboo - only black coffee!

MJ, I'm sticking to my WW points so far so good!

It's really cold here this morning, but at least no snow or rain so that's a good thing. I have to go to church for a Bible Study and then to work in the office for awhile. I'm wearing sweat pants and sweat shirt.

Have a wonderful day. God Bless.

Jeanne
Old 01-19-2012, 08:18 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MissyGirl View Post
Oh Mary! I think I remember you! I am glad you are back on the challenge.

Missy
No thank you for the encouragement and being a roll model. How about that your a Model.lol Are you still seeing the girl you were with last summer? Mary
Old 01-19-2012, 08:41 AM

Missy, 200 hundred pounds is such an amazing loss. Good for you! Your 10 lb goals sound like a great way to do it.
Nancia, I hope you will be able to build a relationship with the psychologist (or someone else) to help you with your depression. Hang in there! We are all here when you need to talk.
I got a couple of emails from my Texas church. I will be joining a walking/running group that starts monday morning and a women's fitness that is tues and thurs. The tues one will interfere with my quilting group but I have 4 exercise dates on my calendar for next week. That should get me going. Hopefully I will do even more on my own. I mean, I will do more on my own! I find that if I exercise both morning and evening that it really gets my metabolism going.
Time to finish my packing. We are leaving for Texas at 3pm today and should get there sat afternoon. I have enough sewing and knitting projects packed to keep me busy for 2 years but I should probably pack a few clothes.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:54 AM

What part of Texas? I'm in the gulf coast area near houston

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
Missy, 200 hundred pounds is such an amazing loss. Good for you! Your 10 lb goals sound like a great way to do it.
Nancia, I hope you will be able to build a relationship with the psychologist (or someone else) to help you with your depression. Hang in there! We are all here when you need to talk.
I got a couple of emails from my Texas church. I will be joining a walking/running group that starts monday morning and a women's fitness that is tues and thurs. The tues one will interfere with my quilting group but I have 4 exercise dates on my calendar for next week. That should get me going. Hopefully I will do even more on my own. I mean, I will do more on my own! I find that if I exercise both morning and evening that it really gets my metabolism going.
Time to finish my packing. We are leaving for Texas at 3pm today and should get there sat afternoon. I have enough sewing and knitting projects packed to keep me busy for 2 years but I should probably pack a few clothes.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:15 AM

Pam I'm so sorry that Ethan is not doing any better, I will continue to pray for him. It's a shame your mom didn't get to see him. I was amazed when you said you had 46 people, trying to figure out where you would put them all! A community room is a lifesaver with a crowd that size.

Missy it's good to hear from you, and doing steps!!! Way to go girl, you are doing great. It is so easy to forget about those calories we drink, I am definitely guilty of that one. I have let me Pepsi consumption creep up again. I was doing very well with only one a day, but lately I have been having two most days. That has got to change.

Judy when you mentioned flavored tea has 0 calories it helped me choose my taboo for this week. I am giving up my morning coffee (complete with creamer and sugar) and drinking tea instead. So sorry to hear about your SIL's sister, that is too young to go. I hope you are being careful on your drive, it's awfully cold and snowy up there. I gotta ask, what are wall slides?

I agree meanmom lunges are killers, but oh so good for you. Thank goodness your iron landed on the carpet and not on your foot! That would not be an easy fix!

Cindy you are braver than me to give up chocolate. But, I think I could give up chocolate before I could give up my Pepsi.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:14 PM

WOW Missy 200 pounds that is awesome. Congratulations. Yes celebrating baby steps is the way to go. I try to treat myself every 10 pounds. I got a pedicure for the last 10 pounds. This time I am giving myself a massage. I purchased it with a Groupon so it was only $20. I have never had a massage and am really looking forward to it. Hopefully this week or next I will earn it. Several of the kids in my classroom have had awful colds. I think I am getting it. One of the kids has been coughing awful for 1 1/2 weeks. He sounds like he has bronchitis but there is nothing we can do about it. He coughs in our faces when he is mad at us and then laughs about it. I work with multiple dissability kids. He is pretty high functioning, mostly just a behavior problem. I joined the biggest loser at work. It goes until May. Whoever loses the most % wise gets the money. Last year it was $200.
I am eating healthier and making good choices.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:45 PM

giving up chocolate is not as easy as I thought it would be. I usually have 2 Dove chocolates each night before bed. So they are sitting there waiting for next week.

I was able to work 7 hours on Wednesday, so I am praying that I can make it 8 hours on Saturday and Sunday. I know I can. It feels so good to get back to work. I was able to talk with my boss about the attitude of some of my co-workers. Will see what happens next.

I am bad as I haven't gone to the post office to see if any of the lingering FQ's have arrived. I will get there tomorrow.

I am encouraged by how many we have received so far. Tomorrow I will post a pic of all the FQ's I have after I go to the Post office.

Have a great day.