Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem >

Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

Old 01-19-2012, 09:33 PM

Veronica, I am heading to Round Rock which is just north of Austin.
Watch out Cindy, we'll be rolling through Dallas on saturday.
I had a very hard time making myself pack. We got on the road 2 hours later than planned. It's so hard to leave my daughter at home and leave all my friends behind to go somewhere that I have hardly any friends. Maybe I will meet some new friends at the exercise class at church. At least the weather is better. We had a high of 4 today in WI. We are staying tonight at my sister's house near Des Moines. Tomorrow we will cover a lot of miles.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:20 AM

pam- have you been to tx before? it's generally a pretty friendly place. especially when it's not 103degrees out. i hope you find some good friends. i've been looking at homes in and around austin on line. but if/when we move it's more likely to be san antonio. farther from my kids, but closer than we are now1 and i love tx. i lived in dallas almost 25 yrs, another 25 and i would have almost been a texan lol! have a safe trip!!
Old 01-20-2012, 03:26 AM

I'm actually going to be in Jarrell and Leander this weekend for our aol 16th annual party
Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
Veronica, I am heading to Round Rock which is just north of Austin.
Watch out Cindy, we'll be rolling through Dallas on saturday.
I had a very hard time making myself pack. We got on the road 2 hours later than planned. It's so hard to leave my daughter at home and leave all my friends behind to go somewhere that I have hardly any friends. Maybe I will meet some new friends at the exercise class at church. At least the weather is better. We had a high of 4 today in WI. We are staying tonight at my sister's house near Des Moines. Tomorrow we will cover a lot of miles.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:57 AM

Yep! Cathie and I are engaged now. We are hoping to have a summer wedding but we will see. Gosh you have a great memory to remember that! Big hugs!!!!

Missy
Old 01-20-2012, 09:08 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MissyGirl View Post
Yep! Cathie and I are engaged now. We are hoping to have a summer wedding but we will see. Gosh you have a great memory to remember that! Big hugs!!!!

Missy
Congratulations to you and Cathie !!! What a great thing life can be. Big hugs back to you.Am I invited too.lol Mary
Old 01-20-2012, 10:43 AM

Mary, it's nice to hear from you.

nancia, the location of that office sounds like another, "What were they thinking?" The walkway between our hospital and the handicapped parking is relatively new rough brick colored cobblestones. Our new sidewalks downtown are the same. Obviously the designers aren't handicapped. Depression is such a debilitating disease. It's another of the "But you don't look sick" ones. Have you been to that website and read the story of the spoons? I think I found during a Lupus flare.

The trip yesterday was just that - a trip - snow, ice, blowing snow, but it went okay. The trip home was only icy the last 35 miles, but I hate ice the most of the three. The funeral was surprisingly peaceful.

Wall slides? http://seniorliving.about.com/od/bas...exercise_3.htm
It didn't go well. My knees were injured in an accident last year and don't bother me, but apparently they don't like wall slides. Neither did the SI joint with the nerve damage. Do I give up? No, I just start not going so low at first and work my way back up to 15 full sits. I'll check with my doctor Monday on whether they are okay for the SI joint.

Pam, I was in San Antonio a few years ago at the end of February. It was much chillier than I had anticipated, but it was lovely. Chilly - we were way below zero last night. It's back up to 10 above now. This is as warm as it will get so I may as well take the dogs out now. Brrr. Oh, well, maybe I'll burn a few extra calories staying warm.

Have a great day, y'all.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Mary, it's nice to hear from you.

nancia, the location of that office sounds like another, "What were they thinking?" The walkway between our hospital and the handicapped parking is relatively new rough brick colored cobblestones. Our new sidewalks downtown are the same. Obviously the designers aren't handicapped. Depression is such a debilitating disease. It's another of the "But you don't look sick" ones. Have you been to that website and read the story of the spoons? I think I found during a Lupus flare.

The trip yesterday was just that - a trip - snow, ice, blowing snow, but it went okay. The trip home was only icy the last 35 miles, but I hate ice the most of the three. The funeral was surprisingly peaceful.

Wall slides? http://seniorliving.about.com/od/bas...exercise_3.htm
It didn't go well. My knees were injured in an accident last year and don't bother me, but apparently they don't like wall slides. Neither did the SI joint with the nerve damage. Do I give up? No, I just start not going so low at first and work my way back up to 15 full sits. I'll check with my doctor Monday on whether they are okay for the SI joint.

Pam, I was in San Antonio a few years ago at the end of February. It was much chillier than I had anticipated, but it was lovely. Chilly - we were way below zero last night. It's back up to 10 above now. This is as warm as it will get so I may as well take the dogs out now. Brrr. Oh, well, maybe I'll burn a few extra calories staying warm.

Have a great day, y'all.
Thanks Irishrose. I'm not in the weightloss but I am trying to still lose. I have about 80 lbs to lose. Alot ,but 7 lbs less than it was. Hope to get healthier and more moble. Everyone be careful out there. Mary
Old 01-20-2012, 03:14 PM

Mary, you can be 'in the weight loss' without being in the FQ challenge. Please stay with us. You are 'in the weight loss' as long as you post regularly. Seven pounds is nearly 10% of the amount you originally wanted to lose. Way to go! Walking was very pleasant - no wind makes low temps doable. Lily and Moira love it so. I do watch one of Lily's front legs. 5 years ago, she was lost for three days and at some point was caught in an animal trap. She was found with a broken leg and damaged tendons, plus shredded paws from running trying to find her way home. The tendons sometimes bother when the temps are low. Luckily, she's very graceful three-legged because I can't carry a 55 pounder.

I will start cutting red strips tonight, I promise. I'm only doing one block first to make sure I can do curved seams.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:27 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Mary, you can be 'in the weight loss' without being in the FQ challenge. Please stay with us. You are 'in the weight loss' as long as you post regularly. Seven pounds is nearly 10% of the amount you originally wanted to lose. Way to go! Walking was very pleasant - no wind makes low temps doable. Lily and Moira love it so. I do watch one of Lily's front legs. 5 years ago, she was lost for three days and at some point was caught in an animal trap. She was found with a broken leg and damaged tendons, plus shredded paws from running trying to find her way home. The tendons sometimes bother when the temps are low. Luckily, she's very graceful three-legged because I can't carry a 55 pounder.

I will start cutting red strips tonight, I promise. I'm only doing one block first to make sure I can do curved seams.
Thanks so much IrishRose. I started the 17 day diet and this day 1. Love it so far.Have a good evening. Mary
Old 01-20-2012, 07:22 PM

Welcome back Mary, we are happy to have you join us.

Judy - irishrose glad you made it safe and sound from your trip. Sorry for the loss.

Missy - Keep up the good work.

We are missing some, where are you all hiding???? LOL

What is everyone up too??

Today I was able to go 16 minutes on the elipitcal, was winded and felt great afterwards. I am doing so much better than I thought. the pounds are staying within about 3 +/- my starting weight but I have lost inches and have noticed that Lucy is losing her perch on my stomach. I told mom tonight that I no longer feel 9 months pregnant when i look down, maybe look 6 months pregnant..............which I am not pregnant at all.

Work has been going good, it is great to have a company willing to work with you when you need to start back slowly. I am hoping to make it 8 hours on Saturday and Sunday. I will be wise and not over do. Lung cancer will not keep me down, nor will losing a lung.

I am in control and losing inches and lbs.