Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ever start a quilt & quit because you aren't happy with it? >

Ever start a quilt & quit because you aren't happy with it?

Ever start a quilt & quit because you aren't happy with it?

Old 01-24-2012, 04:03 AM

If u r not happy with it now you'll not be happy later! Just put it away as u might find a use for it later on. Buy new fabric have u looked at buying fabric from here. It's great quality and even with shipping you'll usually save!! Good luck. I hope you find. What u want!
Old 01-24-2012, 04:28 AM

That's why I have so many UFO's floating around my quilting room - I have found that if I pack it away & go back to it later - SOMETIMES I will finish it. Good luck
Old 01-24-2012, 04:44 AM

Just recently I started an orange peel table runner and after feeling miserable for several days about how it was coming out I decided to toss it. I quilt because I enjoy it and when I stop enjoying it, time to toss.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:53 AM

I've started many a quilt and WANTED to quit, but can't remember ever giving up on a project that was more than a couple strips underway. I do have a few quilts that I'm displeased with and keep them "tucked away".
Old 01-24-2012, 05:34 AM

I know just what you mean, I am working on a quilt to give to man who donated his wife's stash. I am trying to use some of the fabric that he donated, it is not quilt quality fabric and the color is very hard to match. I started this two weeks ago, trying to make a simple pinwheel design and I am hating how it is turning out. Home all weekend, I kept finding excuses on how not to sew anything. This man is calling my guild again saying he found more fabric - what should I do????
NormaBeth
Old 01-24-2012, 05:39 AM

Toss it, and never look back. Don't waste a bat and back on it.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:53 AM

I just started machine quilting a throw and it puckered. I'm thinking the stitches were too small. This is the first thing I've been disappointed with so I may use it to practice my machine quilting. Surely don't intend to finish it.That's why I like to hand quilt. I feel like I have more control. I may never be a machine quilter.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:12 AM

I started a Grandma's Flower Garden table runner and was not happy with it. I was using up scraps and some of the fabric was thin and it puckered agents the better fabric. I won't be finishing it just another UFO for the scrap bag.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:15 AM

I started one in 1980 and finished in 2010!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:17 AM

If I start a project and it doesn't seem to come out the way I want to I cut it into pieces and use it later in a scrappy or a scrappy rag quilt. I have had really good results with scrappy rag quilts so much so that several ladies in one of the quilt guilds I belong to started doing the same back in Oct last year and now this year I've been asked to do two classes on it.