Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Border Creek Station mystery quilt 2011 >

Border Creek Station mystery quilt 2011

Border Creek Station mystery quilt 2011

Old 01-25-2012, 08:52 PM
Power Poster

Oh it's never out of reach YukonViv ... you can saddle up anytime and still do it.
I did one block, and have put it on hold til I finish the FWS blocks. I only have four left to do ... so I'm hoping this weekend for that!
Then I'll work on PC while I do the sashing etc for FWS.

I got Clue #4 for BCS last week ... same as above as to why it hasn't been done yet! I do like the looks of it so far, and Clue #4 gives even more of an idea of where we are heading.

Of course my guesses may be all wrong! Though it is getting more intriguing and exciting as you see more done!

So for your BCS,
YukonViv ... you've put it out here, and now you know that we know that you plan to do it this weekend! Accountability works!!!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:54 PM

I need to catch up this weekend too I've been down sick off and on since Christmas and basically have zero energy! But I got all the material out today and piled up to start back at it tomorrow. Too bad we could use Skype or something to all connect at a certain time to keep each other motivated! Where has QuiltE disappeared to haven't seen her around in a few weeks.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:55 PM

LOL never mind I guess both minds think alike glad to see you around lady.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:31 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sheila_H View Post
LOL never mind I guess both minds think alike glad to see you around lady.
I've been following the PC and FWS threads ... and not around for much else.
Life's been busy ... but the really really good news is that I just have 4 blocks left on the BCS.

So sorry that you're still not back up to par! Perhaps some sewing tomorrow, will be just what the Dr. ordered to help you recover fully. How's your B9P coming? Please post pics, for me ... at least of the fabrics! I keep thinkng of it and keep saying noooooooooo you have too many UFOs and PhDs to start something new. We'll see and I can't wait to do one!
Old 02-03-2012, 07:34 AM

I am having a little trouble with my quarter squares as several of them are quite scant on the 3" size. I guess I will take them out..... but now I am concerned that my 1/4 inch mark on my machine bed might not be accurate enough. (hmm maybe it is the quilter and not the machine ; but so much easier to blame the tools we work with first.) I quess I better check some of my other squares. I dread this
Old 02-03-2012, 08:10 AM
Power Poster

BCQLaur ... did your other pieces work out bang on for measurements? If so, then your 1/4" must be accurate!

Mine worked out OK for the measurements. I was skeptical and did one first as a check and I actually had a little extra that I could trim off. When I do HSTs and QSTs, I usually oversize the blocks, so I'm sure to have extra to trim off. it lets me make sure they are perfectly square!

If you're worried about sizing ... perhaps make your seam less than the 1/4" to give you the extra to trim off.

Good Luck!! ... and you know the story, show us your pictures! I'm anxious to see yours because of the totally different fabrics.

How about
everyone else? .... updates?

Me? ... I haven't done the latest step. FWS blocks are all done so now I can get on the PC trail this weekend. Once I get this week's blocks done then I'll get my 4th BCS Clue done! I'm anxious to do it for a couple of reasons ... bigger pieces of fabric to work with than FWS/PC and of course, to see how it looks at this next stage!
Old 02-04-2012, 05:11 PM

I'm catching up!!!! I'm now on my last instalment and just need to do the quarter squares. So it's still a lot but hey, I got the previous months clue done...wahoo!!!!
Old 02-04-2012, 05:31 PM

Love this collection of fabrics!
Old 02-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by YukonViv View Post
I'm catching up!!!! I'm now on my last instalment and just need to do the quarter squares. So it's still a lot but hey, I got the previous months clue done...wahoo!!!!

<clap> <clap><clap>
That's great news,
YukonViv ... now show us your stuff!!

Old 02-07-2012, 08:44 AM

Hi all
I would love to see anyone else's choice of their stash and how it is coming together. My measurements turned out not to be too bad and the LSQ helped me to see how the tiny bit I was out on some corners is easily accounted for in the next seam allowance and as long as I was careful in the pinning I would not have to take anything out. So i am going on blind faith with that advice. I also did not get clue 4 as it is not ready till the middle of the month apparently. I have not measured my other pieces but will deal with them as they get incorporated into the quilt. I did see that another web page on Satin Moons (blog?) she has a photo of step 4 with the candlelight romance colours. I am not sure what is Kosher. Am I allowed to mention that here? Can I invite her to chat with us on these pages?

Any way the other thing I would encourage is that little acronym list. I did not even know it existed and was reading with gaps just skimming over the abbreviations because I did not know what they mean. I like the SABLE one and hope to never have one. Although I went to a fabric sale on the weekend (ended up at 3 diff stores) and bought several yards of fabric that I definitely don't NEED. I just couldn't pass up the deals and for 2 of them I just was intrigued by the pattern. Oh dear Oh dear.....
Happy quilting!!