Watch your receipts!!!

Old 01-30-2012, 07:25 AM

Thanks for bringing this up. Yes, ALWAYS watch the items being rung up-they are frequently rung wrong(say THAT fast 3 times) And if you're in the grocery store, make sure to remove the coupons from the items if there are any and give it to the checker-otherwise, they are not used!
Fast food drive thrus too - how many times have you been shorted, or overcharged?
Here is another - just happened to me AGAIN recently-------When you charge something on your credit card, write down the date, store, and charge. My "D" card was compromised several times, first a small amount, then larger...and larger. Thank goodness I got my $200 back and can't trust ANYONE!
Old 01-30-2012, 10:56 AM

My son bought a new hot water heater and other building supplies recently. He thought it sounded cheap when he wrote the check, but when he got home he had not been charged for the hot water heater. The contractor had to install it right away, so he took the UPC back a few days later and tried to explain what happened. He about never got them to take the money - guess they thought he was strange.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:24 PM

Also check to see if the cashier took out some $ and put change at the bottom of your receipt. Only you didn't get the change. It's a scam and it happened to me but I hadn't checked my receipt until the bank had a different figure than I did.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:38 PM

good advice..what gripes me is u tell the clerk (restuarant) thay you're a senior (for discount) and they say "oh i just totaled your bill-you should have mentioned it BEFORE i finish ringing it up! Gee i must look pretty darn YOUNG for being 62 !! LOL
Old 01-30-2012, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by nwm50 View Post
good advice..what gripes me is u tell the clerk (restuarant) thay you're a senior (for discount) and they say "oh i just totaled your bill-you should have mentioned it BEFORE i finish ringing it up! Gee i must look pretty darn YOUNG for being 62 !! LOL
I understand your gripe, but having several kids in food service i can tell you many people get mad when they are asked if they want a Sr. discount. Others demand it! The servers are between a rock and a hard place on that one
Old 02-07-2012, 07:02 AM

When I use my debit card for a purchase and need to return it they refund the debit card. Have started watching that more closely to make sure it is being refunded back to my acct.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Cagey View Post
When I use my debit card for a purchase and need to return it they refund the debit card. Have started watching that more closely to make sure it is being refunded back to my acct.
Agreed!!!!!