Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 01-30-2012, 08:55 PM

Hi TOPPER1.....yes you can.....there are some design sets you can boy for that....I just found some on computer last week...I will post the site tomorrow.....I have a Brother PC8500 and a Brother ULT 2001 and a Professional 6 needle Babylocke Pro9 If you ever want to come down for a day we could have fun !!!!!!! I have several ladies that are an hour from me in different direction that come once a month to "play" with embrodiery and quilting and general sewing...we have a ball........I love them all and use them in quilting and craft things,purses,I have about 20,000 designs...I use PE reader/writer and Embird the most.....there is no limit to what you can create.....
Originally Posted by topper1 View Post
do u do actual quilting with embroidery machine? like hoop it?
Old 01-30-2012, 09:15 PM

I also have a singer futura, But what I have and use most often are my 6 needle,12 needle and 15 needle SWF commercial machines. (Yes 3 Machines) and an old Melco that I don't use much. Here are a couple of pictures.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pooh quilt.JPG
Views:	1878
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	307737   Click image for larger version

Name:	cat close.JPG
Views:	1885
Size:	205.8 KB
ID:	307738   Click image for larger version

Name:	cat quilt 1.JPG
Views:	1890
Size:	205.3 KB
ID:	307739   Click image for larger version

Name:	Embbird1.JPG
Views:	1900
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	307740   Click image for larger version

Name:	Embbird3.JPG
Views:	1892
Size:	202.0 KB
ID:	307741  

Old 01-31-2012, 07:40 AM

I have a Viking Ruby that I just got a few months ago so I'm still learning. I've done some free standing lace and a stained glass window wall thing and a coin purse w/initial on it and a few Christmas cards. I also have a Viking #1 that I bought but couldn't get it to sew right and it'll be back from repair shop this week and as soon as I check it out then I'm putting it up for sale; I don't need and can't afford 2 of them. I have more things for the #1 but eventually I'll get more for my Ruby as well. I don't have the 5D software yet to go with my Ruby; I have to pay down my Ruby some first or get a really good sale. I want to learn alot more. I have downloaded a lot of designs for future projects
Old 01-31-2012, 07:59 AM

I have a Brother PR 620. I love it and really need to use it more than I do.

I use Floriani Total Control and Artista Software.

it is so much fun.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:33 AM

My wife and I got started with embroidery machines back in 2008. While shopping for material we noticed a Viking Designer SE on display embroidering out a design. I found it interesting, and the wife had intrests in embroidery before but had only done quilt piecing and other sewing crafts. We decided to get one, and afterwards, since we both liked line dancing, I would take plain western shirts, embellish them with embroideries and wear them to the dances. Other couples started wanting some for them. We upgraded to the Viking Diamond machine when it came out, and as things worked out and more people wanted things done for them. The wife and I decided to open up a little shop on our property. She does quilting for others as well as makes quilts and other sewing crafts for sale. I do the embroidery work. After things got to the point we couldn't keep up with the Diamond, we purchased an AMAYA XT comercial embroidery machine with 16 needles, and the capability of doing full jacket backs, and hats. We have a couple of programs , one is 4D Emboidery Extra, the other is Design Shop V9 Pro Plus that allows me to make my own designs. I agree there is a need for a forum for us embroiderers to chat because I am basically self tought. Other than videos that came with the machines, and online videos, most of my learning has been by trial and error. I am more than willing to share what little I know with others that are interested, and will be watching this thread. Thanks
Old 01-31-2012, 08:35 AM

Her is a link to a post of some angel pillows we did for a customer. http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t172592.html
Old 01-31-2012, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Gee Hope View Post
I am new to ME (luv ME) and stay at my machine since I still get jams in the bobbin area. I can hear a 'clunk' sometimes and often notice the bobbin jam or the top thread shredding. As soon as I notice it I stop the machine to hopefully make cleanup easier. I would love to feel confident enough to leave the machine area during the 3+ minute stitching.

Am I doing something wrong or is this typical? Should I just relax and let the machine stop itself? Thanks.
I'm still new as well but I like being near my machine so I move it to my dinning room table since my hectic life won't let me sit by and stare. I am starting to notice the sounds that mean pay attention to me and when I do that I can catch it and sometimes save what I'm working on. I've found a few tricks. If my stablizer gets a little torn when it messes up I can spray it with the (I use June Tailor) basting spray) and attach another piece of stablizer over top and most of the time this allows me to salvage my piece. My machine is also great about going back into the stitching process which I was told not all of them do; I don't know. The other thing that I love is the blue masking tape. I like to use the larger hoops alot and the stablizer on the roll barely fits in it so I run a row of tape down each side and it helps keep the stablizer tight in the hoop. Usually if my bobbin makes a mess I know that somehow I either didn't quite get the thread threaded right or it's gotten stuck somehow. I normally will tug on the thread around where the needle is, where the spool is and where the tension is to see if I can see the problem area before I touch anything. Good luck and keep on going. I can be so frustrating.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:48 AM

I have the Viking Ruby and I know that the latest designer has a larger hoop than the Ruby. Have you checked to see if your machine can use the endless hoop that Viking has out. I'm going to get it in a few months. It's alot cheaper on Amazan than my LQS cut is supposed to be great for when you are doing really large designs and having to move them. My LQS has classes on it; those I will take.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:32 AM

I have a Brother PE 770. Just got it in Dec. for birthday. Started stitching right out the box. Don' t know exactly what I doing but learning as I go. It has USB port and I love downloading new designs. I joined dkembroidery for 6$ a month and they have 1000's of designs to download. Don't know if I'll ever download them all. Just having lots of fun. I want to try doing embroidery with quilting. Thanks
Old 01-31-2012, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Sheesh View Post
Does anyone have an idea of what software extension is for a singer futura embroidery machine? I bought it from HSN and haven't found this info so far. Never had an EM,but many other sewing and also an espire quilting machine, not quite ready for a longarm
Sorry i have not read all the replies to see if you got this info yet. BUT my favotite part of my futura is that ALL extensions will work that is why you can't find any ONE any formats you have or find online will work Singer really did us all a favor that was what made my decision to buy the futura i have a brother but you have to pay $80.00 for just a few patterns I hope when you bought yours you got a the free software some of the programs are hundreds
happy embroidering you will love your futura