Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
February 2012 Doll Quilt Swap (No Theme, Sender's Choice) >

February 2012 Doll Quilt Swap (No Theme, Sender's Choice)

February 2012 Doll Quilt Swap (No Theme, Sender's Choice)

Old 02-02-2012, 01:32 PM

Chele...surprised as to how many DQ swappers there are...And your Statistics...Can you tell us how you go abt pairing us up....Must be a science to it and you obviously have it down....
Old 02-02-2012, 04:13 PM

I'd love to share my mad methods! I made a huge spreadsheet with everyone's name and partner pairings on it. Each month, after I randomly (hat method) pair partners, I check to see if you've swapped with that person before. I'm sure I've messed up in the past, but hopefully, I pair you with a brand new partner. I take into consideration if you aren't able to swap internationally, what country you're from, etc. I've even paired shy beginners with other shy beginners to reduce stress and get everyone to create freely and not over think the process. But usually, it's random pairings with someone you haven't swapped with before. My original goal with this swap was to get beginners to learn the quilt process from start to finish and practice their skills. You pros joined in and made the swap even more fun!

The spreadsheet has enabled me to keep a running tally of participants, how many quilts have been exchanged, and partner pairings. If your name is in red on my sheet, you didn't follow through and are not welcome to swap. The red names are few and far between, but it happens. For the most part, we have a blast exchanging and seeing these little beauties. Newbies are encouraged and learn the ropes along the way, intermediate quilters stretch themselves with new techniques, and the pros share their talents with the rest of us. It all works pretty beautifully.

So fun to hear the February quilts are being worked on and even completed! Wow! This swap has been a lot of fun over the years. I may retire it and move on to something new at the three year anniversary in May. My attention span wanes after a while. If anyone is interested in taking it over, just let me know. I'd be happy to send you my spreadsheet and any tips or tricks I've learned.

Thanks to everyone for your participation and enthusiasm. Your quilts bring so much happiness. I know I smile ear to ear when I see what you create!
Old 02-03-2012, 05:52 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Chele View Post
I may retire it and move on to something new at the three year anniversary in May.
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Old 02-03-2012, 07:13 AM

Default Thanks for the invite ...

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 View Post
You could bring the DQ to Australia MdmSew'n'Sew Love swapping with a 'newbie' - their excitement and enthusiasm is so infectious - have Pm'd MdmSew'n'Sew so she can get sewing. Now to decide what to do for her DQ this month - something outrageous maybe???
Well, I can't make it to Australia this time around, maybe in the future ... but I've picked out the fab fabrics I'm going to use (LOTS of them!) and am drafting my design ... will get it started this weekend ... hope you'll like what I've concocted for you - just be warned, I drive a purple car - and have a pair of earrings that say "Wild Woman"! And I quilt the same way. Wild and purple. I can't wait to get started cutting and sewing!
Old 02-03-2012, 07:14 AM

Default As tempting as it is ...

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 View Post
You could bring the DQ to Australia MdmSew'n'Sew Love swapping with a 'newbie' - their excitement and enthusiasm is so infectious - have Pm'd MdmSew'n'Sew so she can get sewing. Now to decide what to do for her DQ this month - something outrageous maybe???
I can't make it to Australia this time around, but maybe in the future ... I've picked out the fab fabrics I'm going to use (LOTS of them!) and am drafting my design ... will get it started this weekend ... hope you'll like what I've concocted for you - just be warned, I drive a purple car - and have a pair of earrings that say "Wild Woman"! And I quilt the same way. Wild and purple. I can't wait to get started cutting and sewing!
Old 02-03-2012, 09:22 AM

Dotty (dotcomdtcm) always starts the party off right with a cute quilt. Love the selvages messages in the conversation hearts. Thanks for this cutie Dotty! I love it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	006.JPG
Views:	237
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	308514  
Old 02-03-2012, 09:58 AM
Swap Hosts

How sweet. Dot, you are one talented gal!
Old 02-03-2012, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Chele View Post
I'd love to share my mad methods! I made a huge spreadsheet with everyone's name and partner pairings on it. ...The spreadsheet has enabled me to keep a running tally of participants, how many quilts have been exchanged, and partner pairings.
Hmmm... Chele, I don't think we can have a doll quilt swap without you.......................... you know how to work a spreadsheet!!! You are miles ahead of me, for SURE! LOL

Let's see, what can we do to bribe you to keep heading it up? You are what has made this doll quilt swap so wonderful.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
Hmmm... Chele, I don't think we can have a doll quilt swap without you.......................... you know how to work a spreadsheet!!! You are miles ahead of me, for SURE! LOL

Let's see, what can we do to bribe you to keep heading it up? You are what has made this doll quilt swap so wonderful.

Ditto; ditto
Old 02-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Banned

second ditto to that also.

Originally Posted by cherrybsixty View Post
Ditto; ditto