Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
here we go again - large item missing >

here we go again - large item missing

here we go again - large item missing

Old 02-08-2012, 05:03 AM

I hope those bags weren't plastic trash bags. Terrible things happen to them. Always use cloth pillow cases of something similar.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:14 AM

I'm sure that the bag is in the same place my 8" string quilt squares have been for the past two months. They turned up again this weekend exactly where I had looked for them the entire time. I'm guessing that mine just needed a vacation from being constantly handled and rearranged.
You could put a note into your "helpful people" feng shui corner. I hear that will bring things back too ;o)
Old 02-08-2012, 05:25 AM

During a move in July of 2010 a huge monster of a quilt was lost. It was 115 x 115, already sandwiched and ready to quilt for my daughter's birthday (Feb 2011). It was hand pieced by her 85 year old grandmother and I was going to FMQ it. She thinks it was tossed by her boyfriend, accidently...because it was in a black trash bag. I honestly did not have a pillow case or anything else big enough to hold it! Well....guess what. In Feb of 2011 my friend found it in her side of the garage. We share a house, it should have been put in my side of the garage when I moved my stuff in. I am now quilting it and it will be a big surprise for my daughter's Feb 2012 birthday because I didn't tell her we found it last Feb.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:57 AM

I had two bags in my bedroom - one with packing stuff to trash and another with a new set of towels. Guess which one I put in the trash!!! Was going to show my DD the towels and opened the bag to find the packing stuff!! I was so mad at myself. You would think the weight alone would have 'signaled' me that I picked up the wrong bag.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
Maybe it needed privacy while it multipled!?!!
Too funny!! I agree that the one sure way to find it is to go buy some more- Murphy's Law, you know!! Good luck and it sounds like a fun project while you enjoy the warm winter in the south.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:03 AM

Emily probably didn't follow you to AL. It's just one of her fun loving cousin spirits that was already here. I think she visited me too. I have lost a 4 yard length of a cow hide print and have searched high and low for it.

Hope you find your scraps soon. And if there is a cowhide print stuck in with em, send it to me please.

LOL. Have a great day and happy quilting.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings View Post
During a move in July of 2010 a huge monster of a quilt was lost. It was 115 x 115, already sandwiched and ready to quilt for my daughter's birthday (Feb 2011). It was hand pieced by her 85 year old grandmother and I was going to FMQ it. She thinks it was tossed by her boyfriend, accidently...because it was in a black trash bag. I honestly did not have a pillow case or anything else big enough to hold it! Well....guess what. In Feb of 2011 my friend found it in her side of the garage. We share a house, it should have been put in my side of the garage when I moved my stuff in. I am now quilting it and it will be a big surprise for my daughter's Feb 2012 birthday because I didn't tell her we found it last Feb.
Oh my goodness, I can't imagine the agonizing over the missing quilt you must have had and I'm so glad you found it!!
Old 02-08-2012, 06:07 AM

I have, on more than one occasion, found bags in the laundry. I guess you have looked there?
Old 02-08-2012, 06:47 AM

I have quilting Gremlins! I always think I'll put this where I can find it, Right! lol!!! It's amazing how things disappear. I know you'll find your white prints! Good luck!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:11 AM
FLQ

Umm, under the bed? That's where I found my missing project after my SIL came for a visit )