Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 >

International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012

International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012

Old 02-08-2012, 06:28 PM

Looking forward to the pkg but understand what a big project you took on. Thanks for all your hard work and taking the time to do it and to also help anyone who needed help like me. So again thanks so much for making others happy. Sue
Old 02-08-2012, 06:53 PM

oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! fabric! I've been keeping myself busy by learning how to foundation piece using freezer paper...not sure of the actual term as I'm new to the quilting world and typically wing it when I make things. Anyway, it has opened up a whole new world of AWESOME! I'm amazed at the detail and designs that can be made.

as others have said, you are doing wonderful taking on such a HUGE project. we are all waiting with great anticipaaa-aaation, and as much patience as our itchy little fingers will give us. hugs!
Old 02-08-2012, 09:56 PM

When we started this, I wasn't sure how it would go over. Before the board change we had around 212 signed up. Some people lost the forum and I never heard back from them. We also had a very long time to collect our FQ's and some people forgot about it. Then there were other factors like the economy, lost jobs, sickness, loosing loved ones and so on. I am quite happy with the amount of swappers that we still have. I never realized how indepth it would be.

If I did not care about everyone getting something from different areas, I could just throw all of the USA in 1 pile and the others in another pile, and then just pick from each pile and stick them in the return packages. Odds are, everyone would still get different FQ's from other places, but I want to make sure. Call me crazy!! Here is an example: Someone from say........ If someone from Pa had sent in 6 Fq's they might get something from.......Maine, Germany, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Florida, North Carolina. I am not sending back one of their own. That way that get all from other areas. How does that sound?????? If anyone wants one of their own back, please let me know. I will do it for you!!!

Now off to bed so I can get started on it again in the morning.

Blessings!
Carole
Old 02-08-2012, 10:33 PM

Carole, you are doing a phenomenal job! No one could ask for more! Sleep well. Good night.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:01 AM

Carole, you are doing an awesome job!!! Hope you had a good night sleep and are well rested to tackle that huge project. Can't wait to see what I will get back, but take your time, I'm not in a hurry!!! :-)
Old 02-09-2012, 04:33 AM

sounds like you are trying to be fair. Wish I could help. Can't wait to see what I get, Thanks again, Sandy
Old 02-09-2012, 06:33 AM

Carole, you're the BEST! I am sure we will all love-love-love whatever you send us, since every region/country/contintent has a different variety of designs and colors available. It is almost like taking a cross-country trip before heading off to Europe or Asia or Australia ... collecting FQs everywhere along the way. I will patiently await my mementos of this imaginary journey.

Again, {{{{Hugs}}}} for doing such a fantabulous job!
Old 02-09-2012, 06:40 AM

Carole, you are truly an amazing person to give so much thought and energy on this swap!
Old 02-09-2012, 07:33 AM

Carole your system sounds well thought out and fair. You are awesome !!!
Old 02-09-2012, 08:00 AM

Thankyou Carole. With each new update from you the excitement builds. You are working so hard to make this swap a huge success. I appreciate you.