I have two questions...

Old 02-09-2012, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by nancyrmathews View Post
What is pinterest ???? Does every computer have it or is it a special program ?? Nancy
Google the word and you will find it is a very interesting site that caters to a lot of interests.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:09 AM

Default copy pictures of quilts

I have a feature on my computer called "grab," which I often use to copy pictures from the computer. It allows you to select and capture the picture by outlining the part you want and capture just that part. I save it to whatever application I want - Photoshop, etc. I'm sure there are many more ways to do this, but I find this easy.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:14 AM

Red face

I have had times it wouldn't let me copy a picture of a quilt, so I got my camera turned off the flash and took a picture. Worked great.

Last edited by JANICE E.; 02-09-2012 at 07:18 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:26 AM

The "print screen" that was touched on a few posts back is a no-fail way to copy anything on the screen at the time. I thought it might be helpful to explain it a little more. No matter what is on your screen at the time, if you touch the "print screen" button, it makes a picture of the current screen. You can then go to a word document or other word processing program; click the curser into the document where you want the picture to show up and it will place that screen right there. I use this a lot when making tutes for work. Like the payroll process using quickbooks. As you are doing the instructions, you can post a screen shot of the actual window they will be doing the process on. This works with just about anything you want to make a copy of. I do, however, do the right click-copy-paste process to copy pictures to files or into a document to print. I hope you are able to get what you want with some of these suggestions. This board is great for learning just about anything.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:00 PM

Maybe this is just my tic, but here's what I've found: to copy text, do it in small increments, so you won't pick up the background color. Then release the highlight before you try to copy a photo. Right click on the photo and select "Copy Image" - not just the "Copy" that's further down in the list. Then paste it to a Word doc. That works for me. Good luck!