Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
February 2012 Doll Quilt Swap (No Theme, Sender's Choice) >

February 2012 Doll Quilt Swap (No Theme, Sender's Choice)

February 2012 Doll Quilt Swap (No Theme, Sender's Choice)

Old 02-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
Look what I received in my post office box today! Thank you so much moonrise, I absolutely love it! Being new to swaps, it is a wonderful learning tool to receive such lovely doll quilts from those with so much talent! I was amazed at how Lisa was able to put so much depth into the quilt. Thanks for being such a great swap partner, I will mail yours out Saturday morning, hope you like it.
Not only did my partner send me a wonderful quilt, she sent goodies too! Chocolates, sewing needles, marking pen, photo frame (which I have already filled with my darlin' grandsons picture showing a cow at the fair), such a thoughtful package, loved the theme! Thanks again Lisa!
What a sweet quilt. If you ever get tired of it ... not that you would ... send it this way!
Old 02-09-2012, 12:51 PM

Chele just wanted to express my thanks for all your work on the DQ swaps. I have only participated for two months and know that this welcoming and friendly group are the best! That speaks highly of your effort managing the swaps. Thank you!
Krystyna: Love your wit and kind heart! You will do a fine job...
Old 02-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Power Poster

Chele, thanks so much for your work as coordinator, you really made the swap work for all.
Krystyna, you've have a great teacher and you will do just fine. Your wonderful sense of humor is a delight to us all.

Now love those hearts that are coming in. Nothing in my mailbox today and now must go finish mine!
Old 02-09-2012, 02:42 PM

Sewbeadit and Tulip, you both have special mini quilts this month! They are coming in fast, it seems like. Tulip, the farm scene must look familiar to you as you live and work on a farm!
Old 02-09-2012, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by 978gray View Post
Thank you Chele, for all your hard work and making everyone - experienced and just learning - feel welcom in the Doll Quilt Swap!!!

I personally absolutely love this swap and have been participating since Jan 2010. I have met wonderful partners and received many treasures.

Thank you Krystyna for taking over. I know I would go into a deep deep depression if the Doll Quilt Swap ended. It is where I try new things and learn new techniques. I know the Doll Quilt Swap has improved my quilting skills.
My thoughts exactly. THANK YOU so much Chele for everything you have done and welcome Krystyna
Old 02-09-2012, 04:08 PM

Love the quilts so far, especially the little heart flower, it reminds me of the hydrangia. They are all beautiful.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:33 PM

Glad you like it, Tulip! This is so much fun.

This is my 4th or 5th DQ swap, and every one has been wonderful. Hopefully I won't overlook the sign-ups next time, like I've done in the past. LOL!
Old 02-09-2012, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by jillnjo View Post
Sewbeadit and Tulip, you both have special mini quilts this month! They are coming in fast, it seems like. Tulip, the farm scene must look familiar to you as you live and work on a farm!
Your absolutely right! I like the farm in the quilt moonrise made for me, everything is green and blooming! We are still in Winter, however have had so much melt, we don't have enough snow to fill a thimble! Next up, mud season...
Old 02-09-2012, 06:19 PM

Thank you so much! Your partner will be very lucky to have your too. I put a little sleeve on the back of yours and it is now hanging in my sewing room. I see and enjoy it everyday. And I'm really glad the one I made you makes going to work just a bit brighter for you.
Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy View Post
Whoever is partner with Judith1005 your gonna love her work! I know I sure do! Her sunshine just brighten's my day everytime I walk in my office!
Old 02-09-2012, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by ljdugas31 View Post
It is so BEAUTIFUL>>> I am putting on my table for valentines and then hanging in my sewing room. Great job!!!! Thanks again.

Linda, You are so welcome!