Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Go! or EQ7? >

Go! or EQ7?

Go! or EQ7?

Old 02-08-2012, 09:16 PM

Another faster cutting option is the Altos cutting system. It cuts really accurately and makes squaring and lining up a breeze. Now my DH does most of my cutting so it's even easier! You need to view their website to see how it works. And no additional cost of buying dies.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:33 PM

I'd go for a GO!! as JoAnns has them onsale for cheap compared to what I paid for mine. The dies, well, Just look around and get the ones you think you might be needing. I use the 2 1/2 strip cutter, 5inch charm square and a few others...besides, this give hubby a thing to buy you for every event...a new die!
K
Old 02-08-2012, 11:52 PM

Happy Birthday and may you have many more.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:56 PM

I would go for the EQ.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:46 AM

I have enjoyed this discussion and may put put both on my wish list. My mother and I both quilt. She has severe arthritis and I seem to be following in her shoes..LOL. We both might benefit from one of the Aququilt products (Go maybe) She also designs her own quilts but I am not sure she is ready to learn another computer program. What frustrates me about the Go! is the need for dies... They are quite dear...
Old 02-09-2012, 03:07 PM

I am so glad that I asked here! Eleanor Burns' site sells EQ with an unadvertised $50 Internet rebate and I wouldn't have known to look there without y'all. I have found a site that sells the Go! With a basic set of dies for $199 but I also know a local shop that has the same deal once in a while and will allow me my 15% teacher discount even on Accuquilt products and sale items!

So basically, if I can be patient (not my strong suit!) I can get one from DH for a late birthday present and the other for myself once my late start class starts paying!

Yaaay! Thank you all for your help, insight, and birthday hugs & wishes!
Old 02-09-2012, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Needle View Post
Another faster cutting option is the Altos cutting system. It cuts really accurately and makes squaring and lining up a breeze. Now my DH does most of my cutting so it's even easier! You need to view their website to see how it works. And no additional cost of buying dies.
I agree. I have had my Alto's QuiltCut2 for years ... enough to warrant getting a new mat! A one time purchase that I still use a lot.

I tried the Go but with my arthritis it was too hard to turn the crank. Using it would hurt too much and then add the cost of the dies???

I do have EQ6 and would love to get the newer one but at the time the upgrade was more than I was willing to spend. One of my best quilting buddies has EQ4 and is still loving it. She bought her EQ from a quilter that was getting a newer version of EQ

ali
Old 02-09-2012, 09:38 PM

I have both the Go and the EQ 7 I have never really learned how to use the EQ even though I bough 5, 6 & 7. I love the GO but you do have to buy the dies. I bought the strip ones first and have others now but the strip is what I use the most of.