Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome Dealer Going Out of Business >

Janome Dealer Going Out of Business

Janome Dealer Going Out of Business

Old 02-11-2012, 04:38 AM

Thanks, GladGrams, and I did read that post. Things get so confusing!
Old 02-11-2012, 05:41 AM

Go look at the Bernina. They can be pricy but the service and new owner classes are exceptional. There are many levels of machine and IMO, you can find one that fits your need and price range. I've had all the machines, Singer, Kennmore, Viking, Janomme, White, Baby Lock and a couple I may have forgotten but Bernina does whatever I need better.
Originally Posted by wishfulthinking View Post
JoAnn's is getting a new repairman, who is actually the owner of a Bernina shop that has just opened. He is taking Viking training now. Thanks for the info.

Last edited by bobquilt3; 02-11-2012 at 05:49 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:58 AM

Wishfulthinking where are you in SC??
I am in Duncan.
Are we close?
J J
Old 02-11-2012, 09:03 AM

Wishfulthinking
Where in SC do you live?
I live in Duncan.
Which shop is closing??

J J
Old 02-11-2012, 11:20 AM

I have taught for several years at sewing machine stores and the lessons that come with machines are at the dealer's expense, and so is the warranty on your machine. The company will send the parts to the dealer but what ever extra extended cleaning and service you get offered to you will be at the expense of the dealer unless you mail the machine to the manufacturer. So if I was you I would wait until the new dealer opens to purchase the machine. If you want to check out what I am telling you contact the manufactor yourself and ask them these questions. That is why most companies don't honor warranties for machines purchased off the internet. I hope this answer your questions. Now for the machine I own the 6600 and love the machine. The dealer I purchased it from offered to customers a 3 year cleaning and servicing when we purchased our machines, well he went out of business 9 months after I purchased mine and I have to pay another Janome dealer to service my machine. But I still love the machine!
Old 02-11-2012, 02:10 PM

It sounds like the price is really good on the 7700. I was quoted 2,900. ,but they were including the big table. They told me it was worth 450.00. But I would deal with the shop you like the people there.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:14 PM

I'm thinking it's a good price, too. And I'm thinking I might be able to get another shop to match it. That shop is about an hour away, but it's a beautiful drive here in Tennessee and the people at that shop seem very nice.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Power Poster

I think dealers do not have to honor warranty if the machine was not bought from them. I don't understand that at all but it's the dealer's decision. The manufacturer can't tell them to honor the warranty. I would ask the new dealer if he will honor your machine warranty. He can refuse later on no matter what he says now. Word of mouth will make or break a dealer and those that are a success know that. The ones that don't know that need to be out of the business anyway.

Last edited by BellaBoo; 02-11-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:29 PM

I just bought a memory craft 8000 for 14.00 at a thrift store , but they lost the power cord, .she swears it works, so we will see. I am taking in to a repair show to try it. Has all the feet and attachments except the hoop. keep your fingers crossed that it works, If not I have a memory craft 6000 that the feet will fit. cmaras ps. pictures follow when i get it cleaned up etc.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:Just got back from my test runs. Still love the Janome 6600. I also liked the Horizon, but maybe not as well as the 6600, except for the throat space, of course. The 6600 is $1299 and the Horizon is $1999 and I don't think there is $700 difference. The owner won't budge on price and won't throw in anything to sweeten the deal, I don't think. He's an old curmudgeon and I don't much care for him. There's one year free service and he would provide any training. I do know there will be a new dealer as she had an employee there learning how to use the newest big Janome that does embroidery, too. I'm wondering if I should just wait till the new dealer opens up. I'm also wondering what you guys think of the pricing on these two machines?
Next, I went to JoAnn to try out the Vikings. They just aren't set up there to demo free motion. The machines are all sitting on top of a table and they're free-arm. The sales person put together an extension table and put it on the machine, but then it was way too high for any kind of sewing. Plus, she said she wasn't allowed to remove the protective cover on the extension table, so the fabric still wouldn't really glide around. On top of that, we never got a stitch, during free motion, that didn't show the top thread coming through on the back. She told me that they hardly ever had anyone come in to test drive quilting. Isn't that odd? At that point I was pooped and called it a day. I may try the Vikings again on another day, just because the sales person was so nice. I'm finding machine test driving to be exhausting.

I have a Husquevarna Viking 870 Quilt machine with a stitch regulator and a Fab-U-Motion table. I can finally FM quilt! There is a newer model now.

Last edited by nstitches4u; 02-11-2012 at 05:46 PM.