Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
February 2012 Doll Quilt Swap (No Theme, Sender's Choice) >

February 2012 Doll Quilt Swap (No Theme, Sender's Choice)

February 2012 Doll Quilt Swap (No Theme, Sender's Choice)

Old 02-13-2012, 06:07 PM

Just want to say Thanks So Much Chele for being master of organizing all the Doll Quilt swaps for so many years. Please stay with us and enjoy all the fun. Congratulations and thank you Krystyna for taking over as our new leader, just can imagin the Quilt Board without the Doll Quilt Swap. Again, February is another wonderfully creative month and the quilts posted so far are just adorable. I can hardly wait to receive mine that is travelling customs somewhere right now.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by sammygirlqt View Post
Just want to say Thanks So Much Chele for being master of organizing all the Doll Quilt swaps for so many years. Please stay with us and enjoy all the fun. Congratulations and thank you Krystyna for taking over as our new leader, just can imagin the Quilt Board without the Doll Quilt Swap. Again, February is another wonderfully creative month and the quilts posted so far are just adorable. I can hardly wait to receive mine that is travelling customs somewhere right now.
Oh gosh, I was hoping it would have arrived by now! Every time I've sent to Canada, it's taken a loooooooong time to arrive.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:32 PM

oh wow, more gorgeous quilts, how did I miss dsclone's yesterday, must have come in while I was messing around elsewhere, love the backing fabric.

Cupcakes, so yummy you want to reach out and sneak one

Just love coming home from work each day to see what new creations have been dropped off to QB
Old 02-14-2012, 12:02 AM

[QUOTE=Needlegrammy;4972739]Look what came today. A yummy cupcake quilt from ljdugas31. I absolutely love it!!!!!!!!
The cupcakes are machine applique and the quilting has some fancy stiching.
I also received a billion dollar candy bar, some butterfly pins and a lovely card.
Linda, thank you very much . You did an awesome job!

Needlegrammy..........I didn't join in this month, but I want to tell you how beautiful your Doll Quilt is from Linda!!
A few months ago I was lucky enough to be her partner too & I received one very similar to yours. Linda does such beautiful work & I am so proud to own one of her creation's. Enjoy!!

Linda........another BEAUTY & I love it!!
Old 02-14-2012, 06:25 AM

[QUOTE=SulaBug;4973462]
Originally Posted by Needlegrammy View Post
Look what came today. A yummy cupcake quilt from ljdugas31. I absolutely love it!!!!!!!!
The cupcakes are machine applique and the quilting has some fancy stiching.
I also received a billion dollar candy bar, some butterfly pins and a lovely card.
Linda, thank you very much . You did an awesome job!

Needlegrammy..........I didn't join in this month, but I want to tell you how beautiful your Doll Quilt is from Linda!!
A few months ago I was lucky enough to be her partner too & I received one very similar to yours. Linda does such beautiful work & I am so proud to own one of her creation's. Enjoy!!

Linda........another BEAUTY & I love it!!
SulaBug , Thank you, It is so darn cute I love it!
Old 02-14-2012, 07:42 AM

It arrived! Yesterday Jillnjo's sweet, sweet doll quilt arrived. I only hope my camera will pick up the detailed hand stitching that Nancy did. I am so touched. Thank you Nancy! It hasn't made it off my computer desk yet, as I am loving studying every detail of your hand stitching. You bless me so much.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:04 AM

I didn't join the DQ swap this month due to LOTS of other commitments this month, but I have enjoyed seeing all the wonderful quilts displayed. I am humbled by the wonderful quilts that I have been seeing. My quilts are not anywhere as nice as the ones I have been seeing. Not sure if I will be able to commit to March swap yet, as still clearing out my "dumb things I gotta do" stuff.

Krystyna, I went to your album and saw the pictures of all your beautiful quilts you have made. so impressive! Hope to receive a piece of your art someday. Krystyna, "normal" is just a setting on the dryer. Don't go too normal on us, I enjoy your humor and "quirkiness"! mary
Old 02-14-2012, 02:31 PM

I just received my January DQ from quilt queen2 in Canada, but I wanted to share it on this current board. Judy and I found out we had so much in common, it was eerie! She does beautiful work! The pictures do not do her work justice. Included was the sweet quilt, a mugrug (my 1st), and an awesome needle case. We opted not to do a location quilt, and just have fun. Thank you so much for for the quilted hugs Judy! Mary
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0558.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	311872  
Old 02-14-2012, 02:37 PM

Yes, you did receive a treasure!! It's all so lovely and I see that little needle case!! They are so fun to make!
Old 02-14-2012, 03:33 PM

Lookie what the mail lady brought today! Tulip sent me a wonderful DQ along with lots of other goodies! The DQ is going on my wall in my sewing room. I LOVE the fabrics she used, and the little windows feature some of my most favorite things ... a sewing machine, a bird (I raise finches), a basket of sewing notions, and an adorable sheep with more sewing notions! Each of the four corners has a button sewn onto it. Even the label on the back is super-cute!

And lookie at the extra goodies she sent! Reese's and Hershey candy (YUM!), a seam ripper, three gorgeous FQ's, and a package of country-themed heart buttons. Woo hoo!

Thanks so much, Tulip! I love everything!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dollquilt1.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	351.6 KB
ID:	311893   Click image for larger version

Name:	dollquilt2.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	360.9 KB
ID:	311894   Click image for larger version

Name:	dollquilt3.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	259.6 KB