Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What would you do? Pfaff 7530 >

What would you do? Pfaff 7530

What would you do? Pfaff 7530

Old 02-17-2012, 05:26 AM

Are you kidding me? If I had the money and opportunity to buy that one I would jump on it. One thing, if I could actually drive to where the machine is I would do that. I don't put out that kind of money sight unseen. If it is in good shape Judi wouldn't want to trust it being shipped.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:45 AM

I have a Pfaff also & have never had a problem with it-Just yearly cleaning.It is over 10 years old!Love it Love it!!
Old 02-17-2012, 05:54 AM

Buying a used machine can save money, but consider it must be packed well for shipping and I would not consider a machine that says as is, or a machine that is missing the foot petal, bobbin case or any other major parts. Sometimes sellers on ebay state they think it is ok but can't test due to a missing part. Often this means the machine doesn't work, but they didn't lie because they said they can't test it. Read between the lines always. Grace
Old 02-17-2012, 09:12 AM

Thank you everyone for your help. I would love to see the machine in person but it's in Ohio and I'm in Tx. so that is not an option. I've asked for pictures of it and I'm waiting on that. She states she's just had it cleaned and has kept that up yearly. I still don't know what I'm going to do yet. Thanks Sewbeadit for the link...I will continue to read and research everything I can. I never dreamed there were so many options when buying a sewing/quilting machine...Thanks again...I really like this board. I like not only being able to share your pictures of our quilting items, but to also be able to get help with things when we need it...
Old 02-17-2012, 10:29 AM

Do you have any family or friends within driving distance who could check out the machine for you and make sure all parts are there and that everything works? Alternately, there is way to send the money to a third party (a bank?) to hold in escrow until you get the machine and confirm that all's ok with it. Then the money is released to the seller. I know this can be done, because there's an explanation on craigslist. I've just never had to do it. I have bought sewing machines on eBay, but it's not necessary there because of the feedback system. Good luck to you!
Old 02-17-2012, 10:39 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE all 6 of my Pfaff sewing machines!! The dule feed is really wonderful, the machines are quite and run so smoothly, no other kind really suits me near as well as a Pfaff. They are great machines!!!
Old 02-17-2012, 12:41 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I have two pfaffs.. Both 7570's LOVE them..