Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I have a binding with glue method question >

I have a binding with glue method question

I have a binding with glue method question

Old 02-21-2012, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by yngldy View Post
You can buy #20 (?) needle and syringe at feed store and maybe thin down glue if too thick. That is what I was reminded of when I bought the Roxanne glue years ago. It looked like they had cut off the tip of a needle and put it on a glue bottle. (My animals needed injections years ago, think it was a #20 needle, really big!!)
A syringe and needle does work well but I would get a 16 guage needle rather than a 20 guage. (The smaller the number the bigger the needle. They are readily available at any farm store.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:37 AM

I've used this technique for several years. I can draw a very thin line w/just the Elmer's glue bottle. You can partially close the tip of the bottle to get a thinner line.
Dolly in MI
Old 02-21-2012, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by I Herd Ewe View Post
A syringe and needle does work well but I would get a 16 guage needle rather than a 20 guage. (The smaller the number the bigger the needle. They are readily available at any farm store.
I forgot to say, also be sure to get Luer Lock syringes! The needle locks on those so when you apply pressure, the needle doesn't pop off. However, you may find the syringe without a needle is just the right size in which case the standard tip rather than the Luer lock tip is more convenient.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:48 AM

Hi Cybrarian-I know exactly the bottle tips you talking about. This is where I buy them:

http://www.dharmatrading.com/cgi-bin...ry=bottle+tips

I have bought many different tools and products from Dharma Trading and I've always received excellent service and products.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by almond View Post
I had a friend get the tips for me and I believe she got them from Sharon's web site. The only thing is I don't really use them. I just use the Elmers glue top it comes with and just am careful not to squeeze too hard. I get along better this way then with the tips. It is very hard to squeeze with the tips on.
Me too. I searched for years for those tips and when I finally found them and tried them they were so slow that after about 3" I went back to Elmer's glue bottle and did just what she said above.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:37 AM

I bought one at the last quilt show I went to where Sharon had a booth.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:42 AM

I found this 2oz. bottle with fine tip online here http://www.enasco.com/product/9715007
I haven't tried it but I think it will work. You may have to water down the glue a little.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:44 AM

No affiliation ...try Erica's Craft and Sewing online. They sell a refillable bottle with a metal tip. Great service and quality products.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Cybrarian View Post
Sorry, I'm sure the answer I'm seeking is somewhere on this board but I can't find it. I am going to use the Sharon Schamber's glue method for binding. I have the Elmer's Washable School Glue-got it at Michael's- couldn't find a tip to use anywhere, and the employees had no ideas after we determined nothing in the cake decorating area worked. I understand she used to sell them on her website, but doens't anymore. Anyone have a suggestion as to where I can get the tip? I know you can use the glue sticks, but I am concerned I will get too wide a line of glue. The very narrow line that she is able to get with the tip seems the most desirable. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Got mine on-line on Roxanne's website
Old 02-21-2012, 06:46 AM

Try Clotilde catalog. I seem to remember them selling a little bottle with tiny glue tops.