Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hotel Sewing >

Hotel Sewing

Hotel Sewing

Old 02-18-2012, 04:44 PM

As a former Front Desk Manager, I can tell you that most hotels (price range really doesn't matter) are more than happy to accomodate you any way they can. Have a WONDERFUL time!!!
Old 02-18-2012, 04:48 PM
bjg

Default Embassy Suites

I recommend Embassy Suites. No connection except pleasant stays. Two rooms, frig and microwave, free drinks at night and full cooked breakfast, and last time I was there they had new lamps that had plugs in the bases----no crawling around to find plugs. I would recommend taking your sewing light with you as I'e never seen a place with that kind of light. Of course they have ironing board and iron. They have frozn meals in the shop and also room service.You can live as highon the hog as
you wish but you can also bring your own and fix in the room. This sounds SO good I ready to get in the car and head out. Hope you all have a wonderful time.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:47 PM

I have stayed at a Hampton Inn in one of their suites and sewed. The table in the kitchenette is fine to sew on and we usually bring an Ott light and power cords. I know you will have lots of fun. Enjoy!
Old 02-18-2012, 06:54 PM

I always travel with my machine if I am driving, i have learned to ask, and have not been refused an extra table of some sort. I do however have a power strip, plus an extension cord and a small ott lite that I always have with my traveling machine. I am packing now for 2 1/2 weeks in Daytona coming up soon! My machine bag is on wheels, and I have another matching bag for my fabric and supplies!
Old 02-20-2012, 11:54 AM

I have no advice but just reading your post made me smile inside....it's one of those "Feel Good" things!!
Old 02-20-2012, 12:59 PM

I usually sew on the table that is in the room. Though the last couple times we had a kitchenette so there was a real table. Maybe you can ask for another.
One thing you may want to think about it lighting. Sometimes the lights in hotel rooms are just now quite bright enough. You may want to bring a light.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 02-21-2012, 12:15 PM

Have a wonderful time! Be sure to bring a surge protector along with the extention cord. You can search on travel websites as to what types of rooms are available. Call in your reservation and you can ask for any additional tables you might want. This way you will know up front how much extra you would be charged.
Hope your daughter has a great time.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:21 AM

Book a suite. Some ave two bedrooms. You will love having the mini kitchen. Stock it with your treats and beverages. Maybe ask for adjoining rooms . Check the website of the hotel to see their accommodations. As fr conference rooms You will likely pay to use them. For just two of you I would not chance leaving my sewing stuff in one unless it was locked up.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:35 PM

I do travel for my job and usually have a sewing machine with me. The best place I stayed weith extra rooom for everything was a Candlewood Suites because they have a decent sized table in the room. It was part of the breakfast suite area but normal height and terrifically great because all I did was set up the table with my sewing stuff and just left it up all the time while I was staying there. They are a no frills hotel with not too nice towels but other than that I would stay there again just for the sewing space and the fact that I was not hassled about not letting the maids into the room for cleaning all week.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:13 AM

Check to see if they have a meeting room. Usually they have bigger tables and you might be able to have them lend you a table for your stay.