Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Seeking Advice on Sewing Cabinet >

Seeking Advice on Sewing Cabinet

Seeking Advice on Sewing Cabinet

Old 02-21-2012, 07:02 AM

Ditto on Tracey's tables...can't beat the price and customer service
Old 02-21-2012, 01:17 PM

I bought a $99 Sauder cabinet with storage from Walmart online and you can open it up on top for more space. I actually have 3 FW's sitting on it as we speak.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:05 PM

I got lucky when I bought my Pfaff in 2000. the price included a Koala quiltmate cabinet (costs somewhere around $1000-$1500). However, I looked several of the suggestions here and I like the Sew perfect table as an alternative. It provides good room for supporting the quilt for a lesser price than a Koala. It does not have storage but you may not need that. I have a table similar to the gidget 2 that I take to quilt classes. I would not find it adequate for quilting anything larger than a small wall hanging. Since most of my quilts are twin or larger I would go for the sew perfect table.
I would also make a suggestion to get rid of the clips. I tried those at 1 time but regardless of what table I used I would run into problems with them catching. I just fold, roll, scrunch the sides of the quilt so that it fits in my machine.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
I know several people who have Tracey's tables... and love them. They are more affordable than many .

http://www.traceystables.com/
I have a Tracey's Table and I just love it. I have one with one set of drawers, the back folds up and the side also has an extension that unfolds. I have so much room and the quality is great.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:43 PM

I have several machines that go in my Horn Quiltmate cabinet. You can see pictures in these 2 pictures, #1 is a Bernina 1031 and #2 is Husqvarna Viking Sapphire 875. I have 5 machines that share the cabinet, each machine has its own plexiglass insert.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...45965719kFeKjn
Old 02-22-2012, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
I have several machines that go in my Horn Quiltmate cabinet. You can see pictures in these 2 pictures, #1 is a Bernina 1031 and #2 is Husqvarna Viking Sapphire 875. I have 5 machines that share the cabinet, each machine has its own plexiglass insert.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...45965719kFeKjn
You mentioned different plexiglas inserts for your machines....were those custom made? Source?
Old 02-24-2012, 04:53 AM

I wanted a Tracey's Tables product bust there was a six month waiting list as they are made to order. I wound up buying a Sylvia model 1600. It looks pretty ordinary in pictures, but I absolutely love it. it is much sturdier than my old desk. It folds to half its width when I need it to, and I bought an insert that fits my Bernina 440 perfectly. I also got a plain clear insert so I can use the table as a light table. This has been so useful and much easier on my back than using the old glass top coffee table I used previously! I've now had the desk for a couple of years and am very happy with its durability.