Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Any Signs of Spring around you? >

Any Signs of Spring around you?

Any Signs of Spring around you?

Old 02-26-2012, 08:58 AM

In Missouri, near Kansas City, Only had 2-3 days worth of winter and have enjoyed this winter season so far. I can,t think of a better winter we've had since we moved her over 17 years ago. Our trees have had buds on them for over a month and our grass is green now. Today we are suppose to get in the 60's, but very windy. I am wondering what our spring and summer will look like? Guess we will have to wait and see. Until then I will enjoying our good weather!
Old 02-26-2012, 09:05 AM

Here in Houston we are getting weather in the 80's, so yes everything is starting to bloom. I love it, and feel like I am comming alive again. I have honeysuckle in full bloom, and my garden is just about ready to plant. My lemon tree is in full bloom too. I love spring, maybe that's why I was born on the first day of. Spring. He he he
Old 02-26-2012, 09:11 AM

Me to, my hostas are blooming and i wish the mail carrier would quit stepping on them, i told them before to not cut through the yard, but they do not listen, i caught her one day and read her the riot act. she flipped me off and kept going. I called to complain but that does no good. I hope my hostas don't die, my rose bushes are starting to peek through. they are confused.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:42 AM

very mild winter here as well. Snowdrops are out then got 4 inches of snow. Only snow since October. Weird weather all around.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:51 AM

I just saw a flock of robins in my back yard this morning. Now I know that spring is at our doorstep. It always is a great feeling to see the robins arrive........
Old 02-26-2012, 11:59 AM

We're just outside of Cincinnati. My daffodils and hyacinths are coming up. The forsythia is budding. And like a few others noted, the robins never left this winter. Weird.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:23 PM

Oklahoma City here, we've had robins for quite some time now. And I've got a flowering quince in the back yard that's just full of buds and blooms. Saw a bunch of daffodils blooming in someone's yard the other day.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by craftymatt2 View Post
Me to, my hostas are blooming and i wish the mail carrier would quit stepping on them, i told them before to not cut through the yard, but they do not listen, i caught her one day and read her the riot act. she flipped me off and kept going. I called to complain but that does no good. I hope my hostas don't die, my rose bushes are starting to peek through. they are confused.
At least that's ALL she's doing. We have a mail carrier that was caught ON CAMERA defecating in a yard, it was a huge kerfuffle in the news. The post office removed him from delivery duty pending an investigation, but they have since returned him to delivering - in that same neighborhood - because of "union rules". The homeowners in that neighborhood have absolutely NO recourse. And he has no excuse - there are several public restrooms within a block and a half of where he did his deed.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:52 PM

North Central Nebraska... We've had an exceptionally warm winter so our trees and shrubs have been budded out since before Chirstmas. Now the weather is acting more like it's March than February so it's about 40% cooler than it was during December and January. In spite of that the birds are all still on track and I have seen Robins here and there. The Canadian geese are also invading the corn fields and ponds again. I still wouldn't dare plant anything until after the first of June though which is our normal frost free date.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:39 PM

I live in Northern California. We have had no real winter this year. 5 days of rain - that's all. Last week the days were 70's. Last 3 days 45, degrees but sunshine. My peach tree has buds but don't really know what'll happen next.