Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FW PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 8 Clover Blossom & Colt's Corral Discussion Page >

The FW PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 8 Clover Blossom & Colt's Corral Discussion Page

The FW PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 8 Clover Blossom & Colt's Corral Discussion Page

Old 02-26-2012, 07:11 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
Dubib...I think you and Honchey were the first to get the nasties. Glad to hear you've kicked it. Honchey, any better with you? QuiltE hope this is the morning you wake up like Dubib did yesterday. Beautiful sunshine here this morning with warm weather...50 degrees plus this afternoon...morning coffee tastes great...
ALL...have a great day.
Thanks GGal, but no, not yet today! I'm still in that tentative mode.
Maybe when you send the warmth here tomorrow then it'll be "my" day? We usually see your weather about 24 hours later .... and they say we're to be 6C tomorrow. And the way it's been all winter, it's often been warmer still!

Beautifully bright and clear today though ... the sun is overpowering!
I'm heading off to my sewing room for most of the day ... and will love the brightness coming in the windows and the view of the crystalline snow amidst the trees, when I look out.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:30 AM

I'm feeling much better although the Dr wants me to do the z-pac twice. So I will start the second round tomorrow. I see that some of you are going to be doing a new mystery train ride. I'm thinking about that too. I need something to get my get up and go things going...I don't know why I'm having a hard time getting to my blocks. I keep putting it off and now I'm really getting behind...HH
Old 02-26-2012, 11:45 AM

The BEST is always worth waiting for; its like Birthdays and Christmas. It will happen and will be worth the wait in anticipation of you finishing your blocks. May you continue on the mend and enjoy the task when you do it.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:35 PM

Oh Honchey, you've been sick longer than the rest of us. My prayers are with you. Get well soon! {Huggs}
Old 02-26-2012, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by dublb View Post
QuiltE -
I live in a midsized town in West Texas. Every thing is 10 to 15 minuets away. Yet we are still limited. I really do have to find what I'm looking for on the net. I'm so spoiled about traveling distances that I don't like to go to Odessa, a town 20 miles to the west.
(Art - is a km equal to just over 3 miles?) I even live on the western side of Midland so it's even closer for me. My family has always done things 'country.' I have a garden & grow black eyed peas & tomatoes every year. 90% of the things I learned from my Grandad & my Mother. My DH didn't know any of these things till he met me but, he loves it.
No, 1 km = 0,6215 mile.
We have tomatoes. letucce, cabbage,broccoli,arugula,parsley, chives, avocado.tangerine,banana and papaya growing on the yard, we have thought about chickens for eggs but with a dog and a cat as pet so far nothing decided.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:45 PM

I appreciate knowing more about the life style of each one of you.
Thanks for sharing. This is really a small world, isn't it. We are so far away and so close to each other.

Honchey wishing you get better very, very soon.

About the new mistery quilt. I would like to participate but I'm afraid to join and do not realize.
I am a volunteer coordinator to Love Quilts in Brazil, we make quilts for very sick children, and it takes a lot of my free time. so I think that by now is better a step at a time. I'll be looking and sending ahhhh and ohhh for you.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Power Poster

Hello All ... I've been working on my FWS sashing ... if you want to know more check the Update Page

Honchey ... I am sure some of your oomph is lost with that nasty bug. I know last weekend when I tried to sew, all those little pieces and decisions about fabric just seemed so overwhelming. Here's hoping the 2nd round of drugs does the job to get you feeling fit and fabulous very soon! It'd be good to see you in that mini-Mystery with us.

ArteEC ... Congratulations on you volunteer work. I understand about not wanting to take on more work ... wonder? could you do the Mystery with us, and use it for one of the quilts? That way you could "justify" getting involved!!

Checking a few more threads ... and then off to sashing-land!
Old 02-26-2012, 05:31 PM

Elaine, your FWS Quilt is beeeeautiful!!! Seriously...you did a great job. I'm sure you're very proud of this accomplishment.

I'm still thinking on the mystery train ride. Maybe.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Power Poster

psssssssst ... I'm trying to steer the FWS discussion off the PC, and not take from the limelight of the PC ... while dropping crumbs to send folks over to the thread.
*Thanks* .... I am indeed pleased!
Old 02-26-2012, 06:16 PM

I sent this info to ArteEmCasa & thought I'd post it here also.

I have been typing things like I really talk.
because...
'cause
get....
git
them....
'em
you..
ya
you all....
ya'll (Hollywood seems to thing this can mean you or you all. But it is only used for more than one person.)
hi...
hey
let's eat....
z'eat
let's go....
sss'go
did ya...
j'a (I usually just type this as did ya)
did ya eat?...
j'eat (usually followed by yet)
to...
ta
anything that ends in a ing I usually drop the g as in...
nothing...
.nothin'
washing....
washin'
doing...
doin'
anything...
anythin'
I'm not able to type this on a regular basis but thought I'd add it anyway.
In Texas we over pronounce our vowels.
a....aeee
e...eee
i...ieee
o...owww
u...yewwww

I also don't type this but thought I'd give the definition for this word
yonder...over there or that way or in the other room

Maybe it'll keep ya'll from gittin' confused when I type. If I type somethin' that I didn't put here I'll try ta give a definition like I did here.