Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
THE FWS PONY CLUB Week 7 Bright Hopes & Bird's Eye View Photo Page >

THE FWS PONY CLUB Week 7 Bright Hopes & Bird's Eye View Photo Page

THE FWS PONY CLUB Week 7 Bright Hopes & Bird's Eye View Photo Page

Old 02-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ArteEmCasa View Post
You girls are making me feel better with the Bird's eye block. Thanks for all the motivation.

dublbl - BINGO! "
So does your name translate to art in the house?"
perfect translation!

I like your block, and I agree with you a navy satin stitch will give more contrast and will define better the central circle. Great fabric and colors.

Quilt E - please bear with me, I studied English when I was a teenager, and have forgotten a lot over the years. I feel ashamed for writing it wrong. But or I write what I know or I can't participate, so I count on you all who understand that English is not my main language.
The best way to learn a language is to use it in conversation whether spoken or written. I admire anyone who tries to learn another language. I often marvel at my mother who grew up learning Swedish and at the age of 5 went to Kindergarten, learned English and brought it home to teach the rest of the family. Now if I just wouldn't make so many typos, it would help. QE, I must stay away from the "stotch".......
Old 02-21-2012, 07:58 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by janRN View Post
QuiltE, do you speak French?
Oh, I also took 4 yrs of Latin. Lots of use for that LOL.

Oh no ... not all Canucks speak French!
When I went to school we didn't have it offered until Grade 9. And you didn't have to take it.
I did take it all 5 years, but at that time, it was very minimal what you picked up ... and very little conversational too.
Now the kids can start right in Kindergarten ... and can even do French Immersion where more is taught in French than English. Those students certainly become bilingual. And I envy them for being so fortunate. Of course, not all take it that way ... I think all get it in Elementary School now, not sure when that becomes a mandatory. I know they have to take only one year of French in High School, to be eligible for University. Of course, many will take it all the way thru.

I still have some French ... though because of lack of use, it's dwindling. I can read some French, and have some conversational. A few years ago I was a Tour Director on a Highway Coach with a Quebecois driver ... he practiced his English and I practiced my French. And it was amazing how much came back to me in that week ... and had me yearning to become inundated and develop my skills! At the end, I remember him sayin "you come with me on tour for two weeks, and you'll be speaking French!". Well maybe not quite so easily ... but I was surprised how much I had improved in just that one week. It didn't happen ... no more good French drivers to work with.

And yes ....... I have five years of Latin ... oh so useful!! ha! Although I did enjoy it!
Old 03-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Power Poster

The last 2 then I can post 1-15! Think the squirrel is going to hibernate for a while. Bright hopes of finding nuts somewhere. And A Squirrel's Eye View--he's going nutty "Which way do I go which way do I go?"[ATTACH=CONFIG]316926[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]316927[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PC 13 Bright Hopes.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	316926   Click image for larger version

Name:	PC 14 Bird's Eye View.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	316927  
Old 03-02-2012, 11:08 PM

Oh he's cute! Lovely colors also! Your Squirrel's Eye lined up perfectly!
Old 03-03-2012, 07:00 AM
Power Poster

OKSGlad ... Squirrelly is so cute and adorable chasing those nuts amidst all those oak leaves!! You do such a great job at putting your own spin on these!
Old 03-03-2012, 09:18 AM

Very cute blocks-love those squirrels. Great blocks.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:02 AM

Love the squirrels and acorn fabric and nice job on the blocks. Makes me remember the cartoon of the wife yelling to her husband, "Come quick, dear, the squirrels are taking your Father up the tree!" Implying, of course, his Father was nuts and the squirrels were storing him for the winter. It is what our high school speech teacher called a "shaggy dog" story; it hits you as funny, if you are in the right frame of mind to enjoy the story...and see the humor of it.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
"Come quick, dear, the squirrels are taking your Father up the tree!"
PRICELESS!!!!!!!!
I must remember this one and pull it out an appropriate time!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 02:12 PM

oksewglad, great job on both your blocks, I love that little squirrel and all the colors surrounding him!!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
The last 2 then I can post 1-15! Think the squirrel is going to hibernate for a while. Bright hopes of finding nuts somewhere. And A Squirrel's Eye View--he's going nutty "Which way do I go which way do I go?"[ATTACH=CONFIG]316926[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]316927[/ATTACH]
Awww we are going to miss that little fellow! Love that fabric!