Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Any Takers? >

Any Takers?

Any Takers?

Old 03-03-2012, 07:40 AM

I was just going to suggest working on it daily. I agree that setting a timer is a good idea.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:22 AM

i think the 15 minutes a day idea is a good one, ibought some comic book boards yesterday and started on mine last night,, good luck
Old 03-03-2012, 12:43 PM

Wish I lived closer too!
Old 03-03-2012, 12:54 PM

After seeing so many references to comic book boards, I ordered some and started organizing fabric last week. I went through the first 100 boards and ordered more. I'm wrapping 1 to 3 yard pieces on the boards and standing them on bookshelves. I couldn't believe how much less space they take than the plastic tubs and bins my fabric was in. Now I will be able to see at a glance what I have and be more inspired to use it! I hated having to dig through plastic bins and still not find what I was looking for. I figure at the rate I'm going, and another couple hundred comic book boards, I'll have my fabric (1 yard pieces and up) organized in less than a month. Any thing under that will be folded on rulers or rolled and stored in baskets. All scraps will be cut with the Go cutter for scrap quilts and stored in labeled plastic shoe boxes. Good luck with your organizing. I've been trying to do it for years and this is the first time I can really see progress. Comic book boards are the best idea I've seen for organizing ever!
Old 03-03-2012, 01:03 PM

Barri, I'm south of L.I.E. Exit 68 - I could stop in, pick you up and just drive on up to Poughkeepsie!! I'd work for fabric as well, but I don't think right now I could afford the gas for my big truck!!
Originally Posted by barri1 View Post
Sure would love to help.. Yes.. I work for fabric!!!!.. Where are you? I'm on Long Island..
Barri
Old 03-03-2012, 01:16 PM

Hi...I had masses to do also when I did my sewing room out last year...this is what worked for me...I cut a piece of Artist board which you can get from most places that sell art stuff...cut it 18 x 6 inches (it was easier than using a acrylic ruler) put on a really good film and sat by the table in front of the TV and folded as I watched. In each folded piece I put a long quilting pin in it (i kept mine in but I'm sure the quilt police would say take it out) so if the pile fell on the floor it didn't unravel. It was amazing how much I got folded....I watched about 4 good films and most of it was done !
Old 03-03-2012, 02:04 PM

I have a son & daughter in law in Manhatttan. Maybe I should arrange a visit, we can organize and then shop the LQS!
Old 03-03-2012, 02:07 PM

I would love to go help fold and organize but alas I love on the other coast from you...
Old 03-03-2012, 03:00 PM

where in New york would love to organise for fabrics never can have enough.I'm in Rochester,N.Y. Maybe you should take a small portion at a time before you start sewing on a quilt project like a little work before a lot of play.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Ritasrelics View Post
I just want to know how to fold fabric on comic book boards. Then I could sort etc. I think this is what you need.I like 15 minute challenges too.

For technique, try Alaskasunshine's wonderful tutorial - it works great with comic book boards too. I prefer the larger sized magazine boards....less folding in the long run. Make sure you buy heavier boards- they come in different qualities.

15 minute sessions get you hooked on doing it and work great if your engine just needs a jump start.