Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
How to get spell check working? >

How to get spell check working?

How to get spell check working?

Old 03-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Administrator

i knew all along that if one of us was crazy ... it wasn't you. LOL

i logged in through MS Internet Explorer using one of my Secret Squirrel test accounts. I also see the little green check icon. I do not recall ever seeing it before. That doesn't mean it wasn't there all along. it just means that either it's something new, or I simply overlooked it.

I then logged in using Safari; again using Google Chrome. No little green check.

either a recent Windows/IExp update has added that "lovely" little option to lure users into downloading the ieSpell add-in, or it's been there all along. the "ie" indicates to me that it's associated somehow to IExp. how or why is anybody's guess. since i didn't see it in any of the other browsers, it must also be exclusive to IExp.

since it clearly does not work and play well with your computer the only advice i can offer is to never click that little green check again - ever.

this is just a guess ... i'm not sure i'm on the right track because you said you were using Google and Yahoo. I don't have a clue how either of those factors in. i don't go anywhere near Yahoo and i only use google to search for things.

still hoping that somebody else who is familiar with it will come along and be able to help you. in the meantime ... little green check ... bad ... very baaaaaad. LOL
Old 03-01-2012, 06:49 PM

Thanks Patrice. Well isn't that a sneaky little thing. I guess everyone will just have to deal with my misspelled words. LOL Somedays I can spell well others I have trouble spelling my own name. lol
Old 03-02-2012, 01:06 AM
Administrator

i wokn what you neam. LOL
Old 03-02-2012, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by damaquilts View Post
Thanks Patrice. Well isn't that a sneaky little thing. I guess everyone will just have to deal with my misspelled words. LOL Somedays I can spell well others I have trouble spelling my own name. lol
My spelling is always correct- my typing on the other hand.... Sometimes my fingers can't read the keys
Old 03-03-2012, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by damaquilts View Post
So what I am understanding is if I don't switch to Firefox spell check is not going to work on this forum.
I happen to be very comfortable with what I have . I have had Firefox before and was not all that happy with it. But thanks anyway.
Spell check has nothing to do with the site. I use the iPad and you can turn it off and on under preferences.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:53 AM

I use IE and I've always had the ABC green check showing since the new format, as I remember clicking on it back in November, and getting the same message about the download, but I didn't download it.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:42 PM

I have the spell check too, but it doesn't work. However the spell check does work in other programs. I'm running IE
Old 03-03-2012, 07:58 PM

I believe it has something to do with your computer operating software. I use Windows 7 and it doesn't like the built in spell check. If I'm really concerned about my spelling, I'll open Word and copy and paste my message and use its spell check. Needless to say, I don't do that often enuf.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:09 PM

What version software are you using? I think it may have something to do with that. Seems to me I up upgraded and had all kinds of problems and then I had to fall back.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by jeanharville View Post
I have the spell check too, but it doesn't work. However the spell check does work in other programs. I'm running IE
Well at least I am not the only one. :-)