Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm >

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

Old 03-05-2012, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by carrot View Post
South of somewhere out there................yup, could be me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me too, me too! I am definitely south of somewhere!!! Yay!!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:33 AM

Good Morning! I love the peace and calm of Monday mornings...especially after a crazy weekend worried sick about my children and grandchildren having to seek shelter when the tornado's ripped through TN. Thankfully they are all fine and I hope all of our friends and their families here on board are safe and sound as well! Lori, so happy to hear your surgery was successful and that Marty is able to resume working.I have my secret pals package in the making. I also went to Joann's yesterday for their coupon commotion sale but sadly they did not have one of the items my pal asked for but, I will check our LQS tomorrow. I did order some fabric of their liking which should arrive sometime this week. In the meantime I will be working on a few handmade items for my pal (and myself) with some beautiful fabric I received from Mscupid!!!. Hopefully my package will get mailed before the week is out. YIKES!!! Speaking of Joann's.... I am on my last 45mm Olfa blade so needed to stock up on replacements...Can you believe that (2) 45mm blades are now almost $18?? Fortunately I used a 50% off coupon... but even $9 seems like a lot for (2) blades! I've seen that some folks use Harbor Freight blades...we have a store not too far away...should I give them a whirl???***Doing the Happy Dance, I just called my LQS and they have the most wanted item I was looking for......IN STOCK

Last edited by Moedeenie; 03-05-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:21 AM
Swap Hosts

Lori, so very glad you are feeling better and you can see better, too! I guess you're are more than ready for the next one, despite the discomfort.

Maureen, glad your family is OK. My sister in law's family is in Smyrna, TN and when we couldn't get hold of them immediately nerves were certainly on edge. Thankfully all are OK. It is so heartbreaking to think about people who have lost everything, including lives. The towns that were completely gone - I can't imagine what it is like to survive such devastation but to have no neighbors, no family, no church or anything around. No food, no water, no warmth. You have to feel for those with babies, for elderly people, those with mental disabilities. It is so sad.

As for Joann - I'm addicted to the Red Dot section. The last time we went it was chock full of cottons! Happily I was able to get some nice yardage for my SP and still stay on budget! Yes, the OLFA blades are expensive. I bought a sharpener some months ago but haven't used it yet. I'll let you know how that goes. The blade I have in is about due for a change - especially with me and Melissa sharing it. I'll have to try it on the Harbor Freight ones to see if it gets rid of that "skip spot" in some of them.

My SP's package is going in the mail today. She is only 2,594 miles away and it would take 1 day and 19 hours to get there! Tracking 9405 5036 9930 0434 6557 21

Last edited by Krystyna; 03-05-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:27 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
I am no longer discombobulated or even flummoxed about my SP! Spent most of the day making something very special for her. I sure hope I don't strike out! Maybe she can use it in the fall. Melissa and I will be working on something for our SP's that I think everyone with a stash can use. Two hints in the above. What are they???
Is it for me??? Is it a leaf blower???
Old 03-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Is it for me??? Is it a leaf blower???
How did you guess that so easily??!!

Yes, it IS a leaf blower to get rid of all those pesky scraps and threads without jamming the vacuum cleaner!
Old 03-05-2012, 10:10 AM

Yes, dearest Brenda. Flummoxed. Two m's.
Thank you Vicki.
Still somewhat flummoxed but it's getting better.
Now I am just slightly discombobulated.
I guess I grew up in a strangely magniloquent home.
We just loved swell words.
No wonder Melissa keeps looking at me weird and saying, "Huh?"
I am catching up after being gone for a week. It is scary that I know all these words Krystyna, though I don't know who Mrs. Thomasina Sawyer was. Was she a friend of Huck Finn's? I was quite loquacious when I was younger, so it is fun to hear these familiar words again. This thread is SOOOO entertaining. Mary
Old 03-05-2012, 10:39 AM

I mailed my package today. It is filled with luv. I hope my person( who is south and far west of me) enjoys it .Can't wait to hear from you. Enjoy!!!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Juli View Post
Two people who are east of me! One I have had before and the other has had me before!!
Ha Ha!!!!as soon as you posted this I had a feeling it was me I keep track every month..........
So everyone I'm thanking Juli for a wonderful package I recieved just a bit ago. Funny I just used my last bit of fray check!!! I recieved 6 of the prettiest fabrics, binding clips (which I never have enough of) a seam ripper with threader (don't have) a purple thang and 3 little packets tea and a very nice postcard!!!! Sew many thanks Juli!!!!!!! When I get camera back from grandaughter I'll take and post pics!!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 10:47 AM

I am no longer discombobulated or even flummoxed about my SP! Spent most of the day making something very special for her. I sure hope I don't strike out! Maybe she can use it in the fall. Melissa and I will be working on something for our SP's that I think everyone with a stash can use. Two hints in the above. What are they???
You are making me a Mariners Baseball Quilt? *claps with glee*
Old 03-05-2012, 10:49 AM

I just mailed my package out to someone who is west of me. It will arrive on Wednesday!